Party at the Brownstone

AN: We finally get to see the teams outside of the office. I once again want to thank everyone who reads this story.

:::::::

Warnings:

1st-2nd Section: Mentions of scars.

3rd Section: Descriptions of kidnapping, torture/violence, and blood.

Overall: Language, but only a few words.

:::::::

"This is usually when I would suggest drinks, but I have a feeling that's not going to work here," Derek joked after they finished their paperwork the next day.

"We could all go to my house and get take-out," Libby suggested.

"No, Cruz just bought my new couch last night, and I want Sergio to better adjusted before I have a bunch of strangers trampling all over him," Emily told her.

"Who's Sergio?" Penelope asked.

"Emmy's new kitty. We all got one, but Emily seems to have forgotten that," Libby said glaring at her sister. "I don't think Geo, Hacker, and Brownie would appreciate being trampled all over either."

"How about our place?" Clay suggested.

"That could work," Noah replied. "Though Matt gets final call."

"It's fine with me."

"Our place it is then," Clay told them.

:::::::

Derek and Penelope arrived at the door just as Elle did. "Where's Rosie?" Penelope asked glancing around for the girl she already considered a niece.

"Kate brought her earlier." Elle held up a bag. "I had to stop and get ice cream."

"So Matt lives here with Clay and Noah?" Derek asked.

Elle nodded. "Jenny bought it for them when Clay joined the team about 6 months ago. Before that Noah was staying with Andrew."

"What about their families?" Penelope questioned.

"Most of our agent's live with us and go home for a week once a month, two during Christmas. Ro and Charlotte stay with us year round. Jamie and Libby are the only ones who live with their guardians; though, Matt sees his mom all the time," Elle stated knowing she's entering dangerous territory.

"Why don't Ro and Charlotte go home?" Derek asked trying to imagine not seeing his sisters and mom at least once a year.

Elle bit her lip. "Don't tell anyone I said this, because we try to stay away from the topic, but Ro's family is dead." Penelope gasped. "And after Charlotte ended up in the emergency room on one of her trips home we realized it was best for her to stay with Emily. Her family visits twice a year and it works out better that way."

Derek nodded dropping the conversation after seeing how uncomfortable it was making Elle. Like the rest of the team he constantly had more questions about the EYU, but they would just have to wait. Just in time to as Jackie opened the door. "Did you get starburst and coffee?"

Elle frowned. "I thought I was only getting ice cream."

"Well I thought Jamie called you," Jackie said moving for them to enter. "We didn't know we were out of coffee, and Charlotte finished of the starburst while trying to fix the DVD player."

"Did she fix it at least?" Elle asked with humor.

Jackie titled her head with a duh expression across her face. "Of course she did."