Prologue

"Do you have any fives?" Aliana asked Bryony, trying to peek at her cards.

"Nope, go fish," Bryony replied, smirking.

Aliana scowled and swapped a card from the pile. "I will beat you at this."

Bryony just laughed in reply, and asked, "Do you have any tens?"

"I quit!" Aliana screamed, slamming her cards on the table.

"Guys, do you mind? I'm trying to sleep," Mable grumbled from the metal bed she was laying on.

Celosia sat on the bed next to her, making sure that she didn't sit on Mable's legs. "Mable, that's all you've ever wanted to do since we got here."

"What else am I supposed to do in a prison?!?" Mable yelled, sitting up straight. "It's not like we have things to do, places to go, and people to see!"

The other three females in the cell stared at Mable silently as she calmed down, and laid back down.

"For what we did, I'm pretty sure that we won't even be leaving this place unless we die," Celosia muttered, looking down.

Suddenly, a loud clanking sound was heard from down the hallway. The four of them rushed to the cell door as the clanking sound grew louder and louder. Screams were heard, but they were cut short by the sounds of bodies hitting the floor. Growing terrified, the four of them backed up into a corner as the clanking approached the cell, and stopped right in front of them. A dark figure grabbed the cell doors, and pulled them apart, allowing him to step into the cell.

"Wh-who are you and what do you want?" Celosia managed to ask.

The figure just smiled at them, and turned around, beckoning them to follow with a wave of his hand. Deciding that it would be a better choice to follow him instead of stay in the cell, the four females followed after the figure, the clanking sound he made echoing through the silent jail.