Chapter One

Serena stretched as she stepped off the plane, smiling to herself as her engagement ring glistened in the sun. Herfiancé, Ash, soon followed after her, petting his Pikachu's head. 

"I can't believe it's been five years since we last set foot in Kalos," Serena breathed.

"Yeah," Ash nodded as they began walking through Lumiose City. "The city sure seems to be bright and busy."

From the corner of his eye, Ash saw someone rushing towards them, and pulled Serena out of the way just as a hooded man ran by, carrying a bulging sack.

"STOP!"

A young woman around 20 years old ran by them soon after, an Espurr floating after her.

"COME BACK HERE!"

"What was that all about?" Serena asked, looking to where the two people were running.

"I don't know, but it looks like that woman could use our help," Ash replied, letting go of Serena. 

"I'm on it," Serena nodded, throwing out a pokeball. "Beautifly! Follow those two and stop the man with string shot!"

As soon as the Pokemon burst out of the ball, it flew after the running man and woman. Ash and Serena soon took off, following Beautifly, Pikachu running besides them. The cry of surprise from a man made them pick up speed, and they came across the hooded man tied up with Beautifly's string shot. As the two of them approached, the woman turned and greeted them. She had dark skin with dark blue eyes, black, curly hair, an orange dress which was mostly covered with a purple sweater, purple leggings, orange shoes, and a purple and orange bracelet. She walked to the two of them, and folded her arms.

"I suppose that I have you two to thank for this, right?" the woman asked.

"Yes, that was my Beautifly that captured him," Serena replied.

"Thank you for helping me catch this criminal," the woman smiled at them as she walked towards the man. "However, this was just a training exercise for me." 

"'Training exercise'?" Ash and Serena echoed.

"That's right," the hooded man replied, letting the woman help him stand. "And it looks like she might need more practice."

"That's why you're giving me these exercises," the woman laughed, before turning back to Ash and Serena. "By the way, my name is Emma. I'm a partner to this city's detective. Who are you two?"

"My name is Serena," Serena introduced herself, returning her Beautifly. "And you already met my Beautifly."

"And I'm Ash," Ash introduced himself, before pointing to Pikachu. "And this is my buddy, Pikachu."

"Ash?" the man replied, removing his hood. "Ash Ketchum?"

"Looker?" Ash asked, recognizing the man. "Is it really you?"

"You two know each other?" Emma asked.

"Of course," Looker smiled. "Ash has helped me out many times many years ago." He turned back to Ash. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to visit my friends, Bonnie and Clemont," Ash replied. "Do you know if they are at the gym?"

"Yes, I heard that Bonnie was just about to challenge Clemont to a gym battle today," Emma answered, pointing to Prism Tower. "If you want to watch them, I suggest that you hurry."

"Okay, thanks!" Ash thanked, grabbing Serena's hand. "Come on, Serena! Let's hurry!"

Ash took off running towards Prism Tower, dragging his fiancée behind him. Emma and Looker watched the two of them run off, before Looker spoke up.