The Truth

(Clark smashed through the window to Lois's apartment)

Clark: "Lois! I changed my mind I want you back!"

(Lois stepped out of the bedroom)

Clark: "Oh there you are! And all ready to go wearing a towel and everything!"

(Bruce stepped out of the bedroom behind Lois)

(Clark's smile faded to a frown but then he burst out laughing, Lois and Bruce were taken aback, this wasn't at all the reaction they expected)

Clark: "Wow. Didn't see that coming! But really though good for you Lois. Although Bruce I think you could do better honestly. I saw a few pics of that Cat Lady you used to hang out with and hot damn! How'd you ever let her off the leash?"

Bruce: "Clark I know this must be a bit of a shock but you don't sound like yourself right now."

Clark: "If I were you Brucie I'd be more concerned about yourself." (Clark's smile instantly changed to an angry scowl as he super sped grabbed Bruce by the throat and lifted him up)

Clark: "She was my world. And you took her from me."

Lois: "Clark stop! Let him go!"

Clark: "She can't save you this time."

(Clark smacked Bruce across the face causing him to cough up blood)

Clark: "If I'd have known who you were gonna turn out to be..I never would have saved you on that bridge."

Bruce: "..what..?"

Clark: "...sorry. Wrong universe."

(Clark shook his head and shoved Bruce against the wall)

Clark: "Tell me.."

(His eyes glowed red) "Do you burn?

(Before Clark's heat vision left his eyes a massive shock wave knocked him out the window and he landed on the street outside, Wonder Woman hovered down)

(Ancient lamentation intensifies)

Diana: "Superman! Something has happened to you! Ever since you put that ring on you've changed!"

Clark: "Come on Diana. You don't have to use that name with me. Go on tell everyone!"

(Diana shook her head)

Clark: "Alright suit yourself. People of Metropolis! My name is Clark Kent! I used to work for the Daily Planet! And my boss wanted me to report on football instead of hunt down the son of a bitch in a Bat costume who just slept with my ex girlfriend!"

(Everyone on the street nearby had heard that, the secret was out)

(Diana grabbed Clark's face)

Diana: "Clark that is enough! Do you realize what you've done? The world knows who you are now! You'll never have a normal life now!"

Clark: "Normal was never an option for me."

(Diana began pleading with him)

Diana: "Please take that ring off! It's ruining everything!"

Clark: "You mean..everything I've been doing and saying is because of this?"

Diana: "Yes! You must take it off!"

Clark: "Take it off? I only wish I'd found it sooner."

Diana: "Then I'm sorry but you've left me no choice."

(Diana attacked Clark and they fought harder than they had at Heroes Park, this fight was much more personal, Diana gave it her all but she couldn't manage to bring Clark down, just when Clark was about to get back up he was blasted with a green laser which knocked him out)

(Diana looked over to see Batman standing there with some kind of rifle)

Diana: "What have you done?!"

Batman: "I extracted the remains of the spear from the corpse of Luthor's monster. An emergency supply of Kryptonite for an event such as this."

(Diana rushed over to Clark and ripped the ring off and crushed it with her fist, she held him to her closely)

Batman: "Don't worry he'll survive. It wasn't a big enough dose to do any real damage. Just a stun weapon."

Diana: "You're lucky these things you keep doing always end up working out for you."

Batman: "What do you mean?"

Diana: "Making that spear to kill him only to have it be useful to defeat that monster. Bringing him back when we needed him to defeat Steppenwolf. And now this. You may have helped done some good indirectly but you have destroyed our trust. You can be a good man Bruce but I have a better one right here."

Bruce: "What are you saying?"

Diana: "I'm saying you don't have to fire me from the Justice League. I quit."

(With that Diana picked up Clark and flew him away from the city)