Secrets Revealed

(Diana finished repairing the wall Clark had broken at the Kent farm)

Martha: "Thanks Diana. That's great."

Diana: "No problem Mrs Kent."

Martha: "Oh please you can call me mom."

Diana: "Um..it might be a bit early to be thinking about that."

Martha: "Oh right. Sorry bad habit of mine. But you know if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here."

(They shared a smile when they heard a noise above them, Diana looked over to see Clark sitting on the roof)

Martha: "I guess the baby's awake. Why don't you go up there and talk with him I'll check on lunch."

Diana: "Okay. Sounds great."

(Clark looked out across the acres of fields, deep in thought, Diana joined him)

Diana: "It's so beautiful."

Clark: "When I was little I used to come up here with my dad and watch the sun go down. It was the one time of day when I felt truly safe."

Diana: "It must have been hard. Growing up being so different. When I discovered my true powers I finally realized that I wasn't like the other amazons. I finally understood what my mother had been telling me all of those years. We try to fit in all we like but a part of us will always be different."

Clark: "It's nice to talk to someone who understands. I always thought I'd be alone for the rest of my life."

(Diana took his hand)

Diana: "You will never be again. I promise you."

Clark: "Diana?"

Diana: "Yes Clark?"

Clark: "I...I love you."

(Diana was stunned as she took it in)

Diana: "I once told someone that I would never love again...and he said I pray that isn't true....he was right. I love you too Kal El Son of Krypton."

(Clark grinned): "As I told you before. Call me Clark." (They kissed passionately with the sun shining on them)

Diana: "What are you going to do Clark? Now that your Secret is out. Have you given any thought to that?"

Clark: "I have actually."

(Next day, Daily Planet)

Perry White: "So you're Clark Kent?"

Superman: "Yes."

Perry White: "The nerd in the glasses who wouldn't write me one goddamn football article. That was you? The whole time?"

Superman: "Yep. See?" (He puts a pair of glasses on)

Perry: "Okay okay take em off you're freaking me out. So when you died you gave yourself two separate funerals?"

Superman: "It wasn't my idea. The important thing Perry is that I wanted to come forward so that the people of Earth heard it from me before anyone else."

Perry: "Well for the record Kent I've known for years."

Superman: "Oh."

Perry: "So..what you want an article? Your own talk show? Hm? Tell me what you want."

Superman: "I just want this to be public knowledge rather than some hidden rumor."

Perry: "Okay Kent. I'll publish you an article."

Superman: "You will?"

Perry: "Absolutely. Under one condition. You bring me a goddamn football story. No more of this Batman nonsense you got that?"

Superman: "Crystal clear. I have a friend who used to play football. I'll give you the best football story you've ever heard."

Perry: "I won't cross my fingers."

Superman: "Oh by the way. Bruce Wayne is Batman."

Perry: "What?!"

Superman: "Bye!" (Super speed leaves making Perry's papers on his desk fly everywhere)

Perry: "On his way back to Kansas I suppose. Son of a.."