mine

mine ; an hector rivera and ernesto de la cruz fanfic

"if he won't be for me, he won't be for anyone."

or in which ernesto de la cruz and hector rivera have been best friends since childhood. but when a girl named imelda comes into the picture, hector starts distancing himself from his best friend. that's when ernesto starts feeling jealous.

are his feelings only jealousy towards someone interfering in their friendship? or is it something more?

-

C A S T 

hector rivera as himself. a boy who dreams of becoming a musician and sharing his music with the world. 

ernesto de la cruz as himself

ernesto de la cruz as himself. a boy who dreams of becoming a musician with his best friend, but that dream is taken away from him.

 a boy who dreams of becoming a musician with his best friend, but that dream is taken away from him

-

so i watched the movie "coco" the other day and i'm fucking obsessed with it. it was a wonderful story, portrayed mexican culture so well, and the characters were so funny. plus the soundtrack was stellar.

but anyway, this story idea started floating around in my head the moment i watched the movie.

like, what if the real reason ernesto killed hector was not to steal his songs, but because he was jealous that hector was going back to imelda? i feel like there was something there. not on hector's part since he seemed to have really loved imelda. i mean, yeah he left imelda and coco to achieve a music career. but he regretted it in the end.

maybe when hector chose music, ernesto had the hope that he would choose him too.

but when hector realized he had been wrong to leave his family, ernesto just lost it. a lot of maybes and what ifs to consider. also, i feel like disney tried a little too hard to make it seem like ernesto was straight, which leads me more to believe he had something to hide. i mean, this WAS mexico in the early nineteen hundreds. ernesto would have never made it in the music business if people knew he was in love with his best friend.

anyway, this will be told from ernesto's point of view in very short chapters.

they will mostly be his thoughts.

thank you for reading. i know i post too many stories. but let me fangirl over make believe skeletons for a bit. 

have a wonderful night!

-clary