+ four

+ four

it was only two days before their performance at the talent show when ernesto started feeling something that was once foreign to him--insecurity. he just couldn't get the notes down for one of the songs he and hector were going to perform together.

hector was able to play them with ease, and that frustrated ernesto because he didn't want to mess up. he didn't want to let his best friend down.

he shook his guitar with a frustrated growl. "me lleva la madre." he cursed under his breath. "i'll never get this song right."

hector noticed and set his own guitar down, moving to stand behind ernesto and peering over his shoulder. "don't think about it too much." he said to him, "music is about feeling. just feel it, amigo." his hand went over ernesto's own as he stood behind him.

and in that moment, ernesto realized he became flustered, and his heart raced madly.

-

i have a couple of updates already written for this story. so i might post one more tonight. but i'm not sure yet. i'm still a little irked from work, and debating whether or not to inform my boss about it.

around lunch time, she left me in charge for about an hour which means i am free to position anyone as i please. she wanted me to practice for when i become a manager.

everything was going well at first. i had people to spare so i asked my friend mayra to make me a bunch of boxes of nuggets (4, 6, & 10 piece). so she did. then it started getting full and i needed someone to help angel take orders. bc serving the customers is more important.

so i told her, "mayra help me take orders." 

she ignored me. at first i thought she didn't hear me, but then after i asked her like five times and it was like i was talking to a fucking wall, i got so pissed. 

she didn't decide to help me until she finished two trays of nuggets. 

-clary