+ uno

+ uno

ernesto de la cruz remembered the year 1900 very well. it was the year his life changed completely.

he was only four years old when his neighbors, the riveras, brought home their first born and only son. ernesto was happy because their town was rural and his neighborhood small. there weren't very many families living in santa cecilia at the time, and even less children.

he would finally have someone to play with, since he was an only child and had no siblings. one of the only other child on the block was the other rivera family's daughter imelda.

and ernesto wasn't very keen on hanging out with a girl.

now with this new little boy, who he learned was named hector, he would finally have someone to call a friend.

ernesto truly looked forward to that.

-

before we begin, lowercase is intended. this story will also follow very short chapters, so please bear with me. and one final detail, i tend to abuse italics A LOT, okay? i love italicizing names and places because i feel they are very important and deserve to stand out.

that's my personal choice. 

thank you all so much for reading this story. i can't believe that in just a few days, this story has almost gotten to 50 reads. that's so cool.

i hope you like this little story of mine, based off my newest obsession, the movie coco. honestly, i have watched it like five times in the past three days. it is so beautiful.

-clary