Chapter 2:"Taking the First Action"

Lex's POV:

As everyone makes a plan I keep the zombies away from the truck acting like everything is normal. I kept thinking all of these zombies had supplies we needed on them. I was waiting for the right moment I found one with keys I jumped down trying to grab the keys with everyone looking at me like I was crazy. I look at them and say i'm fine and start trying to find the vehicle. I find it and drive it over by them it's a brand new dodge like it was bought yesterday. I get out and jump in the back of the truck with my friends. I ask what they were looking at me for and they just say that I need to stay put. Jace looks at me like he was worried.

" Jace i'm fine don't worry so much" I say

" But you could have gotten hurt I don't wanna lose you" Next thing you know all eyes are on us. As always Nate had to make a smart ass remark about it. He was starting to sound like Derrick in a way with that.

" Seriously Jace I swear all you care about is getting in her pants" Nate smirks.

" Back the hell off dude girls are way more than just that." Jace yells back, getting mad I could tell he wasn't happy by the way he looked at me.

"He wouldn't know the respect they deserve, Jace." Derrick remarked, glancing at Anna, who was still holding her now bruised wrist, slightly concerned. "What happened in the classroom, should I ask her?" Derrick thought silently.

"Guys seriously just chill" Anna and I yell at them. We weren't happy with the way they were acting at the time. I jumped down off the truck walking off Jumping in the back of the truck I "stole" everyone was angry but something had to be done If we didn't take action now what would happen to us.

I yell to Anna " Anna lets go we need to get out of here and get supplies while they make a plan, and Kayla make sure they don't kill each other."

Kayla looks over to me " I'll try but no promises"

"Thanks" I say.

Nate glares at me " You better bring her back alive she is all I have don't take that away"

"As I said before not like you care about her" Derrick mumbles.

Before I can say anything about it Anna tells them to be quiet and we grab backpacks off the zombies to get supplies. We say goodbye to everyone hoping we would make it back as we were getting in the truck and heading off.

Anna's POV:

There's been so much arguing ever since we got out of the high school. I can't help but think it's my fault. I jumped down off of the truck and followed Lex. I knew what Nate said was a lie, he wouldn't hurt me if it was true. I glanced back at Derrick before I got into Lex's stolen truck and smiled, his smart ass comments were always entertaining and made Nate shut right up.

Jace's POV:

I was worried about Lex but at the same time fighting wasn't the answer. Lex wasn't happy I got in a fight with Nate but at the same time she knew I was right for saying something about it. She walked away and didn't say a word to me I'm just scared that it might be the last time I seen her is us fighting."

Kayla's POV:

Lex is leaving me here with these damn boys who aren't helping this situation. With barely any weapons what were we supposed to do. I was hoping they would be back really soon with weapons and food. I don't know how hard it will be in the dark but I know it won't be any easier than right now It was barely hitting 1:00pm. Time definitely runs slow during a zombie apocalypse.

Lex's POV:

I was scared about what was going to happen next as I was driving there weren't many zombies for miles I don't know if that was a bad thing or a good thing. They could eventually make it this way if it spread but for now we seemed safe. The gas station was never open today so it's still all locked up from earlier which came as a surprise to us seems everyone was running towards buildings. We find full gas cans and there is so much stuff inside, but as I said people were running towards buildings it seems we weren't the only ones there. As I was being wrong once again we look inside the gas station seeing people we knew being closed in a corner because of zombies.