Chapter 5:"Where is Nate?"

Lex's POV:

I woke up with a huge hangover as I hear nothing but silence for once. I see Jace laying down next to me, I didn't remember he came in last night because of how much we all drank. I decide not to wake him up and just go as soon as I stand up he tries pulling me back.

"Get back here" he says

"I need to get up and check around to make sure nothing happened" I tell him

"But that can wait"

"It really can't" I say trying to get up again

"Nope" he says as he pulls me back that is going to wait. I smile at him and finally agree as he cuddles up to me. I think to myself "I haven't been this happy in a long time". But out in the other room I hear Kayla yelling getting worried, Of course. She comes running in the room yelling at us that Nate is gone and there are zombies outside. Like anyone really cares but of course we have to get up anyways.

Jace's POV:

Kayla had to come in ruining everything only to find out Nate was missing although no one cares. We all get up going out into the living room with hangovers ofc Anna and Lex had gotten worse than everyone else. Only because they started drinking earlier. Everyone was taking medicine and drinking water by now. Lex decided to go out into the woods with Anna to search while Derrick and I watched Kayla she seemed like she was still drunk from the night before.

Anna's POV:

I could hear screams from the living room, I was guessing it was Kayla. I shove Derrick off the bed and get dressed.

"What the fuck was that for." Rubbing his head as he sits up.

"Well how else would you like me to wake you up?" I shrug and help him up.

" I could think of multiple other ways" He says as he pulls me to him and kisses me.

"As much as I would love to do that all day, Kayla is out in the living room screaming, probably should go make sure something isn't wrong." I sigh, turning to walk out the door, holding my hand out.

"Can't we just stay here, my head hurts now." He whines taking my hand and stumbles behind me as we make our way out to the living room.

From what I could tell Nate was missing and there were zombies outside, great. That's what everyone wakes up to, especially hung over. Nate probably took a walk last night and slept outside, I grabbed my gun and made my way outside, trying desperately not to throw up.

I opened the door and waited for the zombies to come up the stairs, shooting them as they got close. I looked around for Nate but he was nowhere to be seen, all there was, was a small box and a piece of paper. Once all the zombies were dead. I made my way to the note and box.

"I'm sorry for the pain I have caused you throughout this year. If I don't make it back from my walk, do what you want with this ring, wear it, burn it, whatever gives you peace."

Lex's POV:

I see Anna read the note I couldn't help but feel confused about this whole thing and not knowing where Nate actually was. It's bad enough fighting off the zombies. Walking through the house I saw blood. Calling Anna over to see what I had saw, she didn't know what it meant but she followed it as the drops turned into puddles.

Anna's POV:

I followed the drops of blood and soon they got bigger, until I almost face planted it into a door, it lead into the bathroom. I hesitated to open the door, but Lex kept urging me to. I slowly opened the door, I didn't expect to see what I did, but as soon as I did, I gasped turned around and ran into Derricks arms. I was trembling, I felt like my knees were going to give out I was so scared. I saw Lex walk into the bathroom, she put her hand over her mouth and just stood there. Derrick and Jace both grabbed shovels and headed towards a tree to start digging a hole for Nate's grave.

Lex's POV:

This has gone to kind of fun to sad I don't know where Kayla was, but that might have been a good thing in this situation. I got sad at the sight of the body because I knew Anna was close to him at one time. It was just crazy what could happen over night. I walk over to Anna to see how she is doing with this whole thing.

"Hey Anna.." I say quietly with a sigh

"Hey" she said, with mixed emotions, almost sad, but depressed.

" Do you want to stay at the cabin for another night or do u wanna keep going?" I ask her because I know it can be sad to stay in one spot for too long.

"We should probably keep moving, the hoards of zombies are getting worse. Nate left his key's in the truck, so I don't have to touch a dead body thankfully." She kinda laughs, but still doesn't look to happy.

"Ok if that's what you want."

"Yeah, there's a small town a ways away, there's an abandoned hospital we could bunker down in for at least tonight, should be a diner near it for food as well."

" It sounds like a plan."

We all start walking away from the tree realizing there was a hoard of zombies following us we start running towards the house, Kayla is coming out of the door with the few bags we could get, we got away.

Anna's POV:

I was still shook up with what had happened, I wasn't sure if he commited suicide or had gotten attacked by a zombie and crawled back to the bathroom to die peacefully, I didn't get a good look at him, and I'm pretty sure I didn't want to. We got to the truck with our few bags, I put Nate's ring on the keychain to his truck's keys and started it up, Derrick got in next to me and Kayla got into Lex's truck. We headed to town to find the hospital, it wasn't the smartest place to go, but we had no choice.