Chapter 3:"Is This the World We Live In Now?"

Anna's POV:

I saw it coming from the moment I stepped into his truck, he was going to start yelling. With everyone else in the other truck, there was no one to stop him. Unlike all the other times, he raised his hand to me or yelled in my face to make me feel worthless, I wasn't going to take it this time and if I had to, there was a knife at my side. So it started, he was slamming his fists against the steering wheel, yelling at the top of his lungs.

"How dare you kiss him!" He yelled

"Why would you care! You stare at other girls all the time, don't think I don't know that" I screamed back, playing with the clasp of the knives sheath.

"That's just me looking, I never act on it!"

"Bullshit Nate, absolute bullshit! I bet you don't raise your hand to them and leave them with scares now do you?"

I had hit a nerve and I knew it, I could see him grinding his teeth trying to keep calm but there was only so much he could take before he would snap.

"Don't ever talk to me like that again." He raised his hand, but before he could hit me, I undid the knife and laid it against his hand.

"I'll stop talking to you like that, when you stop raising your hand to me."

He slowly put his hand down, I could see a slight cut in his hand.

Derrick was staring at me through the window with his jaw dropped, I turned away, I didn't want him to know that's how it was all the time, but I guess my secret was out.

Lex's POV:

As Jace was driving he moved his hand over into mine I smiled at him. As we are driving I see all the damage the zombies have caused.

" Lex are you ok?" Jace says to me as i'm looking out the window.

" Yeah just worried" I was worried about Anna but I wasn't going to say anything that was her business.

" What are you worried about?" Jace asked

" Just what's going to happen" before he could answer we had made it to the mall I seen zombies everywhere and I knew we could only go to a couple of places. We all jump out of the truck, and I hand knives to everyone so we can all fight. I have three big knives left I gave one to Jace and gave the other to Derrick, also keeping one for myself. Knowing that a couple people had to stay back and watch the trucks I hand the gun to Jace and tell him to hide it. "Anna come over here" I say

"Yeah?" Anna says climbing out of Nate's truck and putting the knife back in its sheath.

I slightly whisper to her " I gave Jace the gun I think Nate should stay out here and guard the trucks with him."

"Probably best, Jace can keep him in line if he starts being an asshole again." She says yelling over to Nate to stay at the trucks.

Everyone starts walking towards the mall as Jace is staring at me I will come back I say as I grab a backpack. I see Nate staring at Anna and blood dripping from his hand I knew that she had protected herself from something. Going into the mall everyone was scared of what might be in here. I looks towards Anna telling her to make some rules.

"Me and Derrick we'll get the guns and you two go have fun picking out clothes, make sure it's not to skimpy."

Kayla looks at her really offended of what she just said but she didn't care anyways, because the clothes we had on now were tore up.

Kayla's POV:

I run to hot topic like it's the last time I'm ever going to see it. I start grabbing everything in the store getting super happy even though Lex says grab what we need, I need all this stuff. I grab all the makeup I can find along with cute sweaters and jackets I see Lex checking out a leather jacket and I tell her to get it. As I start putting on a dress with leggings and a cute sweater.