Chapter Three

I slammed my door and leaned up against it as I tried to catch my breath. I felt extremely light headed and my whole body burned. After a few moments of recuperation, I locked the lock on my door, not sure how far Bakugou had chased me. I wasn't brave enough to look back over my shoulder or stop running the entire way home.

After my anxiety had calmed down, I sighed and walked to my bedroom. I stripped out of the uniform and unwrapped the chest compress I had on. "Freedom.." I mumbled to myself as I changed into comfortable house clothes.

I flopped down on my bed face down. 'I can't take going through that again.'

-

The next day came with too soon as I shut off my alarm. I wasn't about to let a bad day ruin my life. 'All I have to do is keep my mouth shut and stay away from Bakugou.' I nodded to myself in the mirror at my internal monologue as I got ready.m'It is only a few more days of cleaning duty...' I was counting down.

Glancing at the clock, i realized that if I didn't hurry up, I would definitely be late.Sighing, I hurried through my morning routine and made a mental note to set my alarm for earlier.

-

The air was cold as I jogged to class, it nipped at the exposed skin of my face. The morning was quiet, the only noises being the birds chirping softly and the sound of the occasional car passing.

As I crossed over the thresh hold of the front gates, a familiar voice reached my ears.

"Get out of my way before I set you on fire."

I swung my head around, hoping he wasn't talking to me. Thankfully, his threats were focused at the plain boy with green curly hair, Midoriya. I felt bad for him, but better him than me.

I quickly shifted my eyes back to the ground as the explosive boy looked over my way, picking up the pace as I power walked inside.

-

"I am sure most of you are aware, but I will say for those of you who are not. The annual sports festival is coming up soon, three weeks to be exact. All of you will be participating, and I suggest you do your best as you are representing class 1-A." Aizawa droned on. Everyone in the room seemed excited at the topic.

"If I were you, I would also suggest you start training on your own time if you don't already." He added. 'I guess I should probably start doing that, especially with the people I might be going up against.' I sighed internally again.

-

As the day passed, I couldn't held but dread having to be alone with Bakugou again. The final bell rang, signaling the inevitable death that was probably waiting for me. 'Goodbye cruel world...' I said dramatically to myself as everyone else stood up to leave. Oh how I envied the fact the could leave, even though it was my own fault I was in this situation.

After Aizawa left the room, Bakugou grabbed his back and started for the door. "Where are you going?" I questioned, having a good idea of what his plans were. "I'm going to take a piss." He said without looking back. I narrowed my gaze at him.

Once he closed the door, I walked over and slid it back open just a crack. I looked down the hallway and watched him walk off, but not in the direction of the bathrooms. I debated on calling him out, but in the end, deciding against it. I groaned internally as I cleaned the entire classroom myself.

-

This kept happening, and quite frankly it was getting on my last nerve. I was not about to clean the whole class by myself, again, especially on the last day of the punishment. Sure it would all be over in an hour, but I was not about to let him skip out and put his work on me.'

The last bell rang, and I decided to take action. Was I asking for death, probably; that was beside the point. Aizawa had left and Bakugou had stood up, grabbing his bag like he has for the past few days.

"Where the hell are you going? And don't say 'To take a piss.' Because we both know you aren't." I put myself between him and the door. I tried to look as intimidating as possible, but I could tell it definitely wasn't working. He let out a fake laugh. "Are you going to try to stop me?" He raised an eyebrow cockily and cracked his knuckles. "I don't see why you think you can leave and not do your part when it was YOU who started it." I said and crossed my arms.

His gaze hardened. "Get the fuck out of my way." If words could kill, I would be dead right now. His words were coated in venom as he spat them at me. 'It is too late to back out and just clean by myself now...'

"No."

He grit his teeth as explosions popped in his palms. "Is that supposed to scare me? I have seen a sparkler with larger explosions." I taunted at him. Something inside me wanted to know how far I could push him before he would snap. Although, this was incredibly stupid. I have seen what he is capable in Hero training, and the fact I am pushing his buttons is fueling that rage he kindles.

He lunged at me. He moved so fast I could barely react. His hand was wrapped around my already bruised neck. "You go for the neck a lot, do you have a choking fetish or som- AcK!" He cut me off by pushing me harder against the door by the grasp he had on my throat. "Do you want to die?" His face was extremely close to mine. I could feel his hot breath against my face.

I hated myself for thinking it but he honestly was extremely attractive. I blame it on the oxygen deprivation and teenage hormones. I tunes out what he was saying, all I could focus on were his features. They were sharp and angry, I just wanted to run my fingers across his jaw line.

He jolted me out of my thoughts as he pulled me forward, only to slam me back against the wall. "Hey shithead, are you listening?" His ruby glare was red-hot as he burned it into me. "No, I wasn't." I needed to stop, but something inside me loved being this close to him. I loved being able to make him so angry; in a way, it made me feel in control. God I was hopeless.

He just held me there in silence for a few moments as he seethed silently, most likely debating how to end my life. "Can you just let me go and help me clean, this is very unnecessary?" My voice was coarse due to the pressure he held on my neck. He just huffed and let go.

I stumbled a little as a wave of dizziness washed over me. A small smile danced at the edge of my lips as he got the cleaning supplies out.

Sometimes you have to loose the battle to win the war.