THE GOOD LIFE

Teresa POV

I woke up very early in the morning, thinking about what had happened last night with Brenda, I still don't trust her fully but this is a great start and also It'll be really great if I could have more girlfriends, not that I complain about the gladers after all they are like my family but it would be nice to have someone to talk to about girl stuff.

Today is going to be a busy day since we are having a bonfire tonight me and Frypan have to make a lot of extra food, way more than what we cook regularly, but it's not that I complain I love my job and I also know I prefer cooking than running.
I climb out of bed and notice Thomas who is sleeping peacefully besides me cuddling a pillow, he's lips slightly parted and his eyebrows scrunched together, he looks adorable. I kiss him softly on the lips and whisper "I love you" I can tell he's awake now by the tiny smile creeping on his lips, but his eyes remain closed and his breath is steady so I just let him stay like that and head to the kitchen.

At breakfast time everyone was sitting on their tables laughing and smiling, for a moment I almost forgot about everything that had happened to me, to them, to everyone. I felt a deep sadness take over my body but only for a second before he walked into the room and sat on his usual table. How can you love a person that much, how can you be willing to loose everything and everyone just to make the other one happy, is that even natural?.

"Teresa can you go and get more potatoes from the garden please" Fry snaps me out of my daydream.

"Of course, I'll be right back" I walk out and head to the nearest potato plantation.

I was picking up the last one when someone grabbed my waist tightly from behind. I turn around and laugh.

"What are you doing here? I giggle while he plants small kisses all around my face. "Aren't you supposed to be having breakfast?"

"I know I just wanted to say goodbye before I get going"

"Hahaha okay sure Tom" "Bye" I reply sarcastically

"Can't I at least get a decent kiss?"

"Nope" I giggle

"Then I'm afraid I'm going to have to steal it from you" He says and begins to tickle me all around, I manage to pull away and start running, he quickly catches up and pins me to the ground, our bodies so close I can feel his heartbeat on my chest and his agitated breaths on my face.

We stare into each other's eyes for awhile until I break the silence.

"I love you"

"I love you Teresa"

We smile and share a passionate kiss.