2 - Transfer

A/N: Credit for the gif goes to the rightful owners

A few minutes after I left the drunk driver at Bill's desk, I received a call from the Chief to come to his office.

Chief's office

Knock knock

"Come in," the Chief answered.

I saluted to him when I came in, then I sat down on the sofa in front of his desk after he asked me to.

"Coffee or tea?" the Chief offered as he got up from his desk.

"No. Thank you, Sir. Is there anything that I can help you with, Sir?" I asked.

"Geez. Relax kid. There's no one in here. You don't have to be so timid. Can't I see my own daughter?" he gave me some tea before he sat across me.

"I'm sorry, but I would really appreciate it if you keep it professional, Sir. If you don't have any ...," I got up but he grabbed my hand.

"Alright alright. I see you still don't trust me. Please sit down," he pulled my hand gently.

"I want you to move to the detective department," he continued after I sat down.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I think I already informed you that I agreed to join the force only to help and protect people," I said.

"You can also help and protect people by being a detective. Do you have any idea, how many lives that you can protect and how many families that you can help, if you can identify a real culprit?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I don't mean to underestimate the detective department, but I like my job now. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who would gladly accept your offer. So what about giving this opportunity to them instead," I said.

"Alright. If you insist, then I will just have to enforce my authority here," he said as he got back to his desk.

"Sir, you cannot do that," I warned as I got up.

"Well guess what? I just did. I already sent your transfer order to the HR department. You are under the detective department, effective immediately," he said.

"Sir!" I finally raised my voice, because I was certainly not happy with his decision.

"Detective (y/n), I thought you wanna keep it professional. You should really know your place," he said.

"I'm sorry, Sir," I said as I clenched my hand to hide my anger.

"Pack up your stuffs then move to your new department immediately. Your new supervisor is already waiting for you in his office," he informed.

"Yes, Sir," I said as I saluted to him before I left.

My desk

I went back to my desk to clean up, and say goodbye to my colleagues. Bill was really sad, because I wouldn't be supplying him with hotties anymore.

New supervisor's office

I gasped when I got into my supervisor's office. It didn't look like an office, it's just a huge messy room, filled with random stuffs. There's only one table in the room, and it didn't look like it had been used in a regular basis. My whole body was itching to clean it up.

Then I turned around when I heard the door was opened.

I dropped my things on the floor when I saw the drunk driver came into the office

"Well hello. Nice to see you again, pumpkin. Drop the gun," he warned sternly as he pointed his gun at me when I grabbed mine.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I discreetly pulling out my gun.

"Uh uh. I said put the gun down, or I'll shoot," he warned as he's aiming for my forehead.

I froze when I saw that he was serious.

Not long after that,

"Hahaha. Did I scare you, pumpkin? I'm sorry. I'm just messing with you. Welcome to our office," he said as he put his gun back in his pocket.

"Pardon me?" I asked confused.

"Detective (y/n), right? From now on you'll be sharing this office with me," he said.

"Who are you?" I asked still super confused.

"Oh right. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Detective Kang, your supervisor. Nice to see you again, pumpkin," he said as he pulled out his hand to me.

"Excuse me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Ah. I'm sorry about earlier. I was an undercover drunk driver for a case. And I thought why don't I have fun a little bit while I'm at it," he explained.

"Did you probably have anything to do with my transfer?" I asked.

"Yeah. I need a female role to be an undercover for my next case. So I filed a transfer request for you," he said.

"I'm sorry, Sir. But please cancel the request. There are a lot of other female officers who are more capable than me and would be thrilled to take this job. I'll submit the lists to your desk immediately," I said as I grabbed my stuffs then headed to the door.

He grabbed my hand to turn me around then threw my stuffs on the ground. He twisted my arm then secured my hands behind my back. Then he bent me down and pressed my cheek on the desk.

Third person P.O.V

"Oh. I can't do that, pumpkin. Do you really think that's the only reason why I requested for you? I told you that we have an unfinished business, didn't I? It's rude to just leave like that, isn't it?" he said as he pointed his gun on your head.

You were struggling, but he kept you in place.

"And collecting documents is not what this desk is for, pumpkin. We don't do paperwork here. We're strictly physical," he leaned down to whisper to your ear as he handcuffed you.

End of Third person P.O.V