Chapter Two

I sat down on the old, rusty park bench. My feet were sore from carrying an unusual amount of weight. Seriously, why did this have to happen? I growled under my breath, my hands shaking from the cold winter winds.

You can't sleep, Blair. I sighed, curling up in a small ball on the bench, watching the snow flutter off loose branches. My eyes slowly started to get heavy as I stared at the woods ahead of me. Within minutes, I was sound asleep.

"Hey.." An unfamiliar voice echoed in my mind, my body shaking. I groaned and shifted around, my back stiff as a rock. I started feeling as if things weren't right, I could barely move, my skin was frost. I felt sudden warmth on my shoulder.

"..Are you okay?" That odd voice spoke again, this time in my ear. I spun around, beginning to panic. I was on a bench, covered in snow. I sat up, shaking as the snow flurries sat down on my body. I turned my head to see a purple-haired boy with bright, shining green eyes. I jumped back, afraid on what he had been doing rather close to me.

"Hey, hey.. It's alright." He hushed me, brushing the snow off my shoulder. I stared directly at his luscious lips. I glanced up at him, to see him giving me a confused look.

".. Uh, sorry.. but why am I here?" I asked slowly, my head feeling as if it was being pounded in by a hammer.

"I was walking and saw you on the ground, you must've fell. So I put you back up on the bench." He began to explain when I interrupted.

"No, why am I sleeping on a bench?" I narrowed my eyes, glancing at the mound of snow covering my bags.

"I don't know, I don't even know your name. But I'm guessing that when you fell off that bench you hit your head." He laughed, walking over to my bags and moving them closer to me.

"Thanks.. I'm Blair." I smiled at him and reached for my bags.

He pushed my bags closer to me, giving me a soft smile back. "I'm Michael, do you need somewhere to stay?" Michael asked calmly, giving me a hand.

"Yeah, thanks." I gripped his hand tightly and stood up, groaning in pain as my stiff back throbbed. Michael gave me a confused look, but went with it. He carried most of my bags with his free hand, I dragged my duffel bag aside me.

"Let's go get you cleaned up, you were merely buried in snow when I found you." Michael laughed, smirking at me. I smiled back, hiding the pain.

I knew what happened, why I was here, I didn't hit my head. I was now an orphan, with nothing more then a bag of clothes.