Chapter Three

Michael and I walked close as we traveled through the steep snow to his house. I stayed quiet most of the time, due to the fact I was walking with a complete stranger; an attractive one anyway.

"My house isn't far, sorry I didn't drive." He laughed softly, looking at me with a smile that warmed my heart. I nodded at him and focused ahead of me, hoping to not be noticed by any neighbors that'd try to send me back home.

I slouched down on the tan leather couch, relieved that I finally had a source of warmth. But on the inside, I was terrified. I really didn't know where my life was heading right now.

Michael ran up to me and wiped the tears off my cheek as the poured down; I didn't even realize I had been crying. He frowned and adjusting a blanket around me.

"Hey, I don't know what's going on but it'll be okay." He whispered softly, patting my back. I sniffled and threw my head into his shoulder, wrapping my arms around his lean chest.

"Sorry..." I grumbled and released, pulling the blanket over my head as a cover. Stupid. I thought as he sat there with a shocked expression. Everything was in complete silence until I felt weight being pressed on my chest. The blanket slid off my head.

Michael was embracing me back, his smile somewhat visible from my sight.

"You should wash up. You were sleeping outside." He giggled, petting my hair before standing up and walking towards the fridge.

I removed the blankets and stood up, walking towards him. I leaned against the counter with a groan; my back was killing me.

"Where's the nearest shower in this place?" I questioned, my words slurred as if I was drunk. Michael looked at me and smirked, pointing towards the stairs.

"First room on your left. Towels are in the cabinet under the sink." He yelled as I began walking to where he had pointed too.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed back, climbing up the stairs roughly. My whole body felt as if I had been numb. Note to self: Never sleep on Park Benches.

I tip-toed downstairs, wearing nothing but I towel. I grabbed my bag and slowly backed away from where Michael had been gaming. I didn't feel like having a guy see me half naked.

-

I closed the bathroom door and pulled out all of my female daily products. (Hair Dryer, Perfume, Make-up, ETC) I snatched a plain black sweatshirt and some leggings. I had no plans on what I was going to do, but I atleast wanted to be dressed like a normal human being. I quickly dried my hair and threw it up into a messy bun.

After I finished getting ready, I went back downstairs to see if Michael moved, he didn't.

"You look Beautiful." He smiled, patting the seat next to him, noting for me to sit down. I did as he said, and sat down next to him.

"Thank you." I responded polietly, looking at him with slight worry.

"So, when would you like a ride home?" Michael asked, breaking the silence. I didn't exactly know how to word it to him.

"I..I.. I don't have a home anymore." I scratched at my hair, turning away as the awkwardness spread amongst us.