Chapter Five

I walked into the kitchen to grab my bags, stopping in my tracks as I heard voices echoing throughout the house. I took a small peak into the kitchen, seeing a tall, blonde haired boy wearing a blue flannel. It must've been Michael's brother. 

I slowly padded into the front-room, which was directly found next to the kitchen. I was hoping Michael's "brother" didn't turn around, because I honestly didn't feel like explaining why I was in his house. But sadly, that didn't happen. My sore back  couldn't carry all my duffel bags and gave in, causing me to fall face first.

"What in the...?!" The boy sounded startled as he spun around, quietly stepping towards me. He seemed scared that a teenage girl was in the house, not concerned. I looked at him and winced, my whole body felt sore now.

Michael ran down the stairs as fast as a cheetah, while his brother continued to stare at me blankly. 

"Are you alright Blair?" Michael questioned as he slid down next to me, helping me stand up. I nodded slowly, rubbing the back of my head. 

"Yeah, I'm not in the shape to be carrying any type of weights though.." I laughed softly, positioning my bags back on their pegs.

"Care to explain? Michael's "brother" finally spoke, raising his eyebrow rigorously towards Michael. He seemed pretty concerned now. 

"I found her outside in the snow with all of her stuff, I didn't want to leave her just lifeless on the ground during a snowstorm, Luke." Michael sighed, shooting "Luke" a vulgar glare. Luke seemed convinced, giving a small nod as he walked away in complete silence. 

"Was that your brother?" I questioned, toying with the bottoms of my sleeves. 

Michael did nothing but laugh. 

"He's just a friend that happens to have a key."

-

Michael carried most of my bags up the stairs, I carried my purse and backpack. We spent about a full hour unpacking my stuff into his small, crammed room. We finished quicker then expected.

"Well now that's everything's done, how about we go do something fun or what not?" Michael asked me sweetly, jogging over and grabbing a beanie off his headstand.

"Sure! Sounds great." I smiled, walking over to my purse, grabbing my phone out of the side-pocket. Michael and I decided  that we were going to head down to the mall, and grab some food and walk around, hopefully get to know eachother too.

"Be back in about an hour or two, Luke!" Michael yelled as we walked out the door of his house, the cold winds slamming against my bare legs as I walked down the steps. We decided to run to his car, because their was no way in hell was I standing outside for more then a minute. 

As we drove, Michael hummed along to a CD he had called "5 Seconds of Summer". I couldn't bare to keep my eyes off of his beautiful face as he drove, it looked as soft as a baby's bum. He had an amazing attitude, and was rather respectful..

I met the person with all the characteristics my mother had.