Chapter 5- Germophobic

"Look, I don't know what's going on here but I need to know if you're going to stay with me." the officer said. "ok" I said and turned in my seat to face him. "my name is Winter, i'm 23 and that was my best friend Ahsinam." I said. "ok, so that's it?" he asked. "yep, pretty much" I replied even though I knew there was so much more to tell. "ok, but why can't you go to your apartment? Oh, and why don't you like the hospital?" he asked. I had to think for a moment to come up with a decent lie. "this is hard for me to admit, but I'm germiphobic aaaaand my apartment was getting really... You know... Germy and dirty. And hospitals of course are very unsanitary" I replied. He nodded with a confused look and said "okay". He came out the car an went to my side to pick me up and take me inside. I started thinking to myself, what was I going to do? I could barely stand staying in the same room with a man and now I had to stay in the same apartment until I could handle being on my own. He put me on the couch. He turned on the t.v and turned it to the late night news. "do you want anyhting to eat?" he asked. Once again, he surprised me because he was serving a stranger. "do you have any coffee?" I asked. He replied " yea, but I think you should have a good meal to help heal faster." I didn't say anything, it was a long day and I was tired. He came to pick me up and put me to sit down at his dining table. He sat across from me and ate a hot dog with chips and a pepsi. He was your average 20-something man. He sat silently and watched the news. When it went on commercial break, he finally spoke. "I forgot to ask you another question. Why are you so rude?" I was so suprised, I almost choked on my coffee. I looked up at him and said "what?". "I helped wrap your wound, gave you shelter and food, and your a complete stranger to me, but not once have you said thank you or even asked me my name." he said furiously while staring me down. I wanted to kill him but he did nothing wrong and he was right, I was rude. I looked away at the t.v. The blonde haired lady looked worried as she was describing someone who was a serial killer. Then a really unflattering picture of me blasted up on the screen. I immediately turned to look at his face and he was still looking at me for an answer. I didn't want him to see the t.v, so I did what I never thought I would. I reached over the table and grabbed his neck to pull him in for a kiss. I could tell he was frightened at first but joined in and relaxed. I climbed up onto the table and onto his empty plate and wrapped my arms around his neck and head to make sure there was no way for him to see. His hands didn't explore, but rested on my upper back, which I was surprised at to see. I looked to the left and saw that the news had moved on to a different story. I stopped kissing and whispered in his ear "I'm sorry, thank you so much for eveything. Let's start over, my name is Winter, what is your name?" I pulled back to see his face and let go of him. He was still traumatized but shook his head and smiled. Oh God, what have I done? Now he will think I like him or something, which I'm not even sure I do or not.he grinned an said "my name is Gunnar". I smiled surprisingly and said "ok, but I'm gonna need some help to get off this table" he laughed and said "ok". He picked me up and said "you know, that felt really good". I blushed at the sound of his hot voice and said "thanks". " are you ready to go to sleep?" he asked. Of course, that's all he wants, that's why they all want. I cant believe I almost lost myself there. "my body is to weak to do that" I replied as my smile turned upside down. "to sleep?" he asked with a puzzled look. I couldn't believe the nerve of this man. "yes, I can't sleep with you right now" I said angrily. He laughed and that made me even more upset. "what is so funny?" i asked. "i didnt mean that. I meant actual sleep" he said. I wanted to hit myself in the head. "oh ok, yes I am ready to sleep" I said. He took me into his room and laid me on the bed. I hoped we wouldn't sleep in the same bed. "I'm going to sleep on the couch" he said. I was relieved and said "ok, thank you again."

The next morning, I woke up refreshed and stronger than i felt yesterday. I got up and succesfully walked out of the room to see Gunnar ironing his police uniform with no shirt on. I began to feel weak again at the sight of his perfectly tanned and sculpted chest and abs. It was like looking at Channing Tatum only better. What was wrong with me? I despise men. they are vey tempting but not worth the pain and suffering. I looked at the iron and was reminded of something that always happened to me when I was younger. Whenever my mom would iron clothes, my dad would have the best time of his life with me. After my mom would finish ironing, my dad would take the iron and put it on my bare back, while raping me from behind and smoking. He would shove the ciggarette into my mouth and make me smoke and if i coughed, he would press the iron harder and come in harder, making me bleed. My mom would just watch, laugh, and smoke. It hurt so bad and there were still burns and marks on my back. I could feel my face start to look angry as I watched the iron. Gunnar looked up at me and asked "are you okay?". "yea, I'm fine. Where's the bathroom?" I asked