CHAPTER FIVE

I woke up the next morning, after the whole fight happened. Jughead stayed the night, and he told me he had some business to take care of, so he wouldn't be at school this morning.

I changed into off the shoulder grey crop top, with black ripped jeans, paired with my serpent jacket. I slipped on my combat boots and got onto my bike and rode to hell. I cruised down the halls, then I hear footsteps followed by a voice beside me.

"Morning Princess." Sweet Pea says, smirking and I give one back.

"Sweets, to what do I owe this wonderful pleasure?" I asked, as we continued walking and he chuckles.

"Wanted to thank you for helping me last night, after the fight. I didn't get to thank you."

"It was no sweat, can thank me some other time." I say, and he smirks.

"Have any ideas?"

"I got a few. See you around." I said, and then we went our separate ways. Break rolled around pretty quick, and Jughead had finally come to school. We made our way outside to see the Serpents all huddled around the table.

"Nice article your girlfriend's mum wrote." Sweet Pea remarked as we reached the table.

"Yeah, I saw that. Dilton said he was stabbed and said you guys jumped him?" Jughead stated, and before anyone could answer, I did.

"The idiot stabbed himself with his own knife, and the Serpents didn't jump them. A fight happened, Bulldogs versus Serpents." I explained.

"And you see this," Sweet Pea butted in, pointing to his black eye, "Your boy Andrews gave this to me just before Kali shot a gun in the air to stop the fight."

"What happened?" Jughead gasped, his eyes wide and he turns towards me.

"Yeah, and of course Northsiders get off scot-free while the rest of us are hauled by the police. It's payback time." Sweet Pea says, then looked back down at the paper they had in front of them.

"What are you talking about, what is that?" Jughead asked confused. I walked closer and I gasped.

"Is that a pipe bomb?" I said, lifting my head and gave Sweet Pea a look.

"Forgarty's cousin served in the army, he's gonna build us something. We'll do it after hours, it'll shut the Riverdale Register down once and for all."

"You think blowing up a building is going to make things better?" Jughead argued.

"It can't get any worse." Sweet Pea argued back.

"Yeah, Sweet Pea, it can. Let me talk to Archie. Let me figure this out, okay?"

"Man, that's your answer for everything, talk and more talk, but we don't even know who you stand with, us or them? You can't be half a serpent." He says, then walks away, leaving just Jughead, Toni and me.

"Great, so Archie started World War III." Jughead stated, sitting next to Toni.

"Northsides been dumping on us for years. Your dads tried to keep the peace to avoid bloodshed. Now that, they are both gone and that Kali is alive, idiots like Sweet Pea think there's only one path and one solution: violence."

===

Jughead had planned to walk into the Whyte Wyrm and declare his place in it. I looked up at the old bar, and I hadn't seen this place in years and it felt nice to be back. I walked in, and I could already see Sweet Pea and Tallboy. Jughead was speaking to them.

"My father was a Serpent, just like you. He led you, I wanna stand with you guys. Tall Boy was the one who gave me this jacket. I think it's finally time I start wearing mine."