01: "I won't promise"

Song: More than you know by Axwell & Ingrosso

I dropped my bags on the floor and sighed. The sun was shinning in my eyes and I wished I hadn't forgotten my sun glasses. I turned around, facing my dad who closed the car doors and smiled at me. I grinned back and walked into his open arms, closing my eyes as he pulled me close.

"Have fun honey." he murmured and I stepped back and stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed, shaking his head. I waved and turned around, grabbing my bags. I heard my dad get back in the car, but before he closed his car doors he called my name. "Asia, no funny business!" he yelled after me and this time, I laughed and looked back at him, shrugging.

"I won't promise something I can't keep!"

My dad only smiled in response and closed the doors, driving off and leaving me alone. I smiled and swung the backpack on my shoulder. I read the banner above my head and chuckled at the camp name.

"Camp Solstice, here I come." I murmured to myself and walked through the gates, into the camp. Colorful bungalows and cabins were scattered along the camp, some trailers here and there. Tall trees here and there threw small shadows on the ground, while cones scattered the otherwise grassy floor.

I could see a bigger building a few hundred meters across from me. I wasn't sure if that's where I was supposed to be, but I was sure I could find someone in there, who would guide me on where to go. I rolled my bag on the gravel beneath my feet and breathed in the summery ocean air and a small grin spread on my face.

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my pocket to see who was texting me while walking. I unlocked it and saw that it was a message from my best friend, Alex. I smiled and was about to open it, but someone bumped into me. I lost my balance, but due to many years of bumping into people in school, I caught myself before I stumbled to the ground. I looked back to see who it was.

The person who bumped into me was a boy, probably around my age somewhere. He had brown hair, which was long enough to be in a bun, but due to some baby hairs I could tell it was curly. He had green eyes and although his nose was a bit big, he looked handsome. He mumbled a sorry and looked me up and down with a smile. I smiled back, but before I could tell him it was okay, he was gone. He ran in the opposite direction and only then did I notice that someone was running from him.

I chuckled and shook my head, pushing my phone back in my pocket and entering the building the stranger just ran from. I was greeted by a gust of refreshing air and I realized just how warm it actually was outside. I sighed and closed my eyes, enjoying the quick relief. Don't get me wrong, I love summer and I prefer being hot over being freezing cold. That being said, I don't think sweaty stains and sweet dripping down my face is attractive.

"Hello! How may I help you?" a happy voice said and I blinked my eyes open, searching for the owner of the voice. I found a young woman, probably in her late twenties, sitting behind a window on my right. I smiled at her and set my bags on the floor and approached her window. She looked at me expectantly and smiled brightly.

"Uhm, hi. I'm here for the uhm Camp Solstice?" I said, unsure if that was the name of the program I was signed in or just the name of the Camp grounds. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and the lady smiled at me, nodding her head.

"Okay, can you tell me your full name please?" she asked and I guess she saw me furrow my brows together, because she smiled warmly and explained. "I need it so I can tell you which cabin you need to go into!"

"Oh yeah, sorry. It's Anastasia Madison Hunter." I said and looked down at my hands as I waited while she looked through some papers. I picked at my old nail polish and was deciding on a new colour I would paint them, when the lady grabbed my attention.