Chapter 3 FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH

1 Timothy 6:12King James Version (KJV)

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

We all as Christians are at war. Everyday is a battle, but the battles have already been won, and the war will be won by Jesus Christ our Lord. Such a peaceful reality isn't it? That our Lord and Savior has already won it all, But because He has won it all doesn't mean that we won't battle still. Bible tells us to FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH(1 Timothy 6:12).

WHY DOES THE BIBLE TELL US TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH?

If we have already been declared victorious at salvation, then why does the Word tell us to fight? Well folks, it is because God is all knowing. He knows that the devil is nothing but a sore loser. You see, I'll compare this to a boxing match like a friend-pastor of mine once taught me. Once the fight is over the winners hand is raised high as a symbol of victory. Like us when we accept Jesus into our hearts as Lord of our lives by believing in Him, But the devil(the loser) still tries fighting even after the fight is already over. The devil is a sore loser with no sportsmanship you see. However, we do not fight alone. For the powers of darkness we fight are too strong for us to fight on our own. See, the devil likes to set up obstacles and traps along the way in our life for us to fall into. Our Lord Jesus Christ is a Savior for a reason. He lives to save! And will always pull us up out of these traps. Jesus goes before us as it says in Isaiah.

Isaiah 45:2King James Version (KJV)

2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

So you see, it is JESUS who goes before us. How can we fail? It is Him who fights the battles for us. Like my good friend and pastor Justin Latham once said, "We never fight alone, Because Jesus is the One who goes before us. So it is HIM who takes most of the battle upon Himself. He is always victorious. He is the victor! Therefore we too will come out as victors in all our battles.."

HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY LOSE?

The Holy Trinity is in us. God the Father is the One in charge. Jesus Christ the Son is the One leading the way(as a Savior does). The Holy Ghost is the One who stays with us, helping us, encouraging us, and keeping us going. They will never lose. Since we belong to God then we too shall never lose in battle. We may stumble, we may fall down, but it is JESUS whose job is to keep us standing.

Romans 16:25-26King James Version (KJV)

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

The Greek word for stablished is stérizó which means to support, prop, strengthen and establish. Once you have obedience of faith to the Gospel of Christ, Jesus then supports you, props you, strengthens you(I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me- Philippians 4:13), and establishes you. In other words HE keeps you standing. Not our own selves.

1 Corinthians 1:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

The Greek word for confirm is bebaioó which means ratify, secure, establish.. Jesus will secure you unto the end that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful by whom we were called unto the fellowship of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord. God is faithful to do this work on us and in us till that great and mighty day. So we have nothing to fear or worry about when it comes to the current battle we may be facing. Why else would the Bible say "Be careful for nothing"? (See Philippians 4:6).