FOURTY TWO

REAL LIFE

THE GROUP OF EIGHT HAD BEEN STOOD OUTSIDE A SHOPPING CENTRE, BENDING AT THE WAIST LAUGHING, LEANING ON EACH OTHER FOR SUPPORT. But now the infamous duo were the only ones left, the others had withered away as if it was planned: just to get the two alone together. Winnie outstretched her arms as she swayed on the curb, Wyatt watching her with a soft smile.

"Where do you want to go?" Wyatt asked kindly, his eyes still watching the girl as she tried to balance on the edge.

"Hmm, you tell me. I mean this is your ground" She smiled, gesturing around her with her hands.

Wyatt pondered as they walked in  a comfortable quiet, until he had a thought, a thought he knew she'd love.

She trusted the boy fully, but after a while of following his lead she began to get confused of where they were going, and slightly worried they were lost. But he wasn't, he'd googled the way to the place multiple times and memorised it for when she did visit.

Soon enough they were treading up a steep hill, the sun beaming down on the two happy teens. Greenery surrounded them and Winnie smiled at it as she took it all in. Once they reached the top they tried to catch their panting breaths as they looked out at the illuminated scenery below them in awe.

"Wow" Winnie breathed, completely transfixed by its beauty "It's really stunning up here"

Wyatt glanced over at her and just nodded in agreement, a small smile playing on his lips.

After a while of looking out at the view, they began to explore the green land they now possessed.

Winnie skipped ahead, happily as she breathed in the scented air.

"Wyatt, this place is so beautiful, you really have a photographer's eye" She giggled, spinning in the warm breeze, before grabbing Wyatt's hand and pulling him along to explore together.