Gaining followers #2

Follow/unfollow

Another way to gain followers is to follow a bunch of people and hope they follow you back. I have done it when my account was smaller... and I advise smaller accounts to do it as well. I personally kept following and unfollowing people until I got to 10k; once you have a higher followers count, people will follow you more (in my opinion) but others might not.. like I said, it depends on the person.

ANYWAYS;

When I started, I didn't gain many followers at all. So I started following smaller fan accounts, who would follow back. I also followed a few personals that were following other fan accounts, and hoped they would follow me as well. It did work. I gained, got the likes and all. But some of those followers can be inactive, just leaving this out here...

Another thing: instagram has a following limit! You can't follow more than 7500 people. You can only follow/unfollow 200 per hour and if you do it every hour, you can get blocked from doing that action for about 24h.

PLEASE DON'T DO IT WHEN YOU JUST MAKE YOUR ACCOUNT!!!!!  I've done many different accounts (that I didn't keep smh) and when I followed many people too quickly, instagram blocked me for a week (or more)... insta keeps an eye on new accounts which they can consider spam accounts (if they follow/unfollow many users straight away).

I suggest you try out the hashtags for a while, maybe the shout outs as well. Just to let your account get a bit older so insta doesn't block you immediately.

Keep in mind that once you are happy with your followers count, and you start unfollowing people, some of them WILL unfollow back. There are apps that you can use, to check who's following you back; so you can only unfollow those who aren't following you back (that's what I did. When  I reached 10k I unfollowed most people and only kept my fav accounts, including smaller ones because the followers count doesn't meant that the acc is good or bad. I have almost 20k now and I follow around 90 accounts, a couple of them have less than 100 followers, because of GOOD CONTENT; UNIQUE ACCOUNTS! sorry.. it's really important to be unique, it makes you stand out 😉)

One more thing. A few people don't like this method and it's okay. I suggest you to try to grow by yourself first (with # and something that I will discuss in the next chapter as well), only do the follow/unfollow method if you see that you aren't gaining as much as you wanted to.

Some people think this is a dick move... but oh well... it's your account, so do what you wish

—————-

Love you ❤️