Gaining Followers #3

Being Active

Yes you read it right, being active! This is actually very important and many people ignore it or don't think much about it. BUT, they should.

There's 2 sides to this chapter: being active (posting) or being active on instagram (I'll explain this one!)

1- Posting
I think I've said this before, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself ...

Posting regularly is KEY! I've had my account for a little over 2 years and I've posted EVERY DAY!

Posting often tells instagram's algorithm that you are here, that you use their platform. So they might show your post to more people. But because the algorithm keeps changing, it gets harder and harder to get seen by other people (and even by your fave).

Why do I think posting often is important? Well... from a personal point of view :
If I check someone's account (that I'm not following), the first thing I see after the bio, is their last post (caption, type of post and DATE!). If that person hasn't posted in at least 2-3days, I won't follow. Why? It shows that they aren't dedicated, but most importantly that they aren't very active. Why would I want to follow an inactive account?

2- Being Active on Instagram
I don't really know how to explain this... but I hope you understand!

What I mean by "being active on instagram" is: being active on the app itself (ik, weird!)

Okay but, wtf do you mean?? You may ask..

Well... I mean :
(This all applies to being active on other people's posts!)

• liking other people's post, not only your idols posts.
I recommend you to turn on post notifications for a big account, so you can like the post faster. This will not only make you be seen by account's owner, but also the people who are scrolling through the likers (who might follow you) I say this because I've done that!
PLUS: you can scroll through an hashtag (preferably in relation to your account) and like EVERY RECENT POST! I usually do it up until the post has 7-10mins :) -> this will show instagram that you are active (because you're liking many posts) and this might get you to be suggested on others people's feed/account!

• commenting
Don't be afraid to comment on other fan accounts! Show them some love, interact with them! You can answer to a comment on someone else's fan account, engage with their followers and their followers might follow you! Commenting on multiple, different accounts WILL get you out there and your account will be seen by more people (obviously you'll gain more followers AND make more friends!)
-> you can also synchronise commenting and liking while going through an hashtag

I recommend you to do both, liking and commenting!

BONUS TIP!

Engage with YOUR followers! Make them want to stay with you!

How?
Through comments, live streams, dms.... many ways..

•comments
You can make a question every day for example, then like the comments. Answer to the comments you got, you can simply say that you agree, or that it's funny or anything like that. People get happy when you interact with them because it shows them that YOU are interested in THEM and their opinion. Replying to comments/liking them gives value to your followers, they'll grow fond of you because you talk to them and are interested in them, this will more likely avoid getting unfollowed by those who are there for YOU and not your account!

•live streams
A great way to engage with your followers and make new friends. Answer their questions, make jokes, mess around with them, play games, get sentimental and/or relatable! Develop a personal connection with them and they'll like you even more, therefore they'll be active on your account AND YOU'LL GET A TONNNN OF FRIENDS!!!! Who doesn't want that?? I've made many friends and I'm so thankful for having them in my life!!

Example:::: I recently turned 18, I made a post about it and guess what? Over 350 people wished me a happy birthday! (I cried cause it was too much... I'm a nobody and they still cared.. 😭😍)
Wanna know what I did?? I thanked them ALL.

ONE BY ONE!

I would check their username and include their name which makes it more PERSONAL!

It took me a long time to reply to everyone because I would get blocked by Instagram due to "spam comments" but I kept going and I don't regret the time I "lost" doing it!

———————-
I hope you're enjoying your summer break, because I sure am!! (It's currently July 🌝)

LOVE YOU ❤️

Ps: IDK WHAT I DID TO CHANGE THE FONT IN THIS PART AND I CANT REMOVE IT FML😭😂😂😂