Chapter 4

Justin's P.O.V. (;

We pulled up to my house and I wasn't sure if my mom was home or not. I really didn't want her to be because she'd question Jess like crazy. My mom is the sweetest woman I know, but she can be way too friendly. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but I really wanted alone time with Jess.

Once I got out of my side of the car, I quickly ran to her side to open up the door for her. I'm a big believer in chivalry which is opening doors for ladies and similar actions. She laughed when she saw my struggle with my pants. Hey, they're my swaggy style so she can laugh all she wants, but ladies love it. Her laugh was the cutest though, she was cute and sweet. Jessica shouldn't be with someone like Ian. I just wish she'd see it.

"So this is the crib. Guess my mom's not home," I jokingly winked as we walked in.

"Hmmm.. something tells me you knew she wasn't going to be home," she said.

"Nope, actually I really didn't know. She must be at the store or something." I showed Jess into the kitchen where we sat at the bar stools along the counter.

"Alright. So, Justin do you want to tell me why we're here?" She started to look around.

"Well. Like I said, I wanted to see my mom because I've been out of the house a lot lately. Unfortunately, she isn't here."

"No, the real reason I'm here. Why would you take me here? I'm with Ian," she stated.

It kind've hurt. Honestly, the way she said, "I'm with Ian" and how she seemed almost mad that I had taken her here. I needed to explain to her that she gives me an almost rush when I'm near her. I've seen her at school millions of times and we've barely ever talked, just glanced at each other. I've always been jealous though, of her likings towards Ian. You could say I had feelings, but I wasn't sure. I just felt protectiveness over her.

"I just wanted to talk to you," I simply said while I looked down at my hands.

"About?" She said this as she rolled her eyes.

"What did I do to make you mad? All I wanted to do last night was help you. Ian cheated on you. He does all the time and I don't understand why you're still with him." I started to get angry and I felt like I had come across too harsh, but it needed to be said.

"Well, I'm sorry. I didn't know that I needed to explain myself as to why I'm with Ian. And I certainly didn't know that I needed your approval of who I dated," she said. Sarcasm dripping in her voice.

"I'm sorry I just think-"

"Stop. You're just going to dig yourself deeper. Just please drive me home," she cut me off.

"Okay," I responded.

Everything I said had been true and she knew it too. The truth hurts and nobody wants to face it. Jess needs to because she'll just continue to be hurt. I know she was hurt when she saw Ian and Natalie. It's not fair to her, Ian's a total dick.

We walked out to my car and I locked the door behind us.

The whole car ride to her house was dead silent. The radio didn't play because she shut it off when a slower song came on. Honestly I'm glad she did, because it seems like whenever you're in a bad mood, a sad song comes on the radio and everything becomes more awkward. If you get what I'm saying.

I pulled into the brick house with purple shades in the windows and she got out of the car without saying a word.

I watched her leave and I saw how badly I messed up. You can't just toy around with a girl's emotions because they have their own problems in their heads and I just added one to her list. She was important to me though. I knew I could give her so much more and I think that's what bothered me the most.

I want to tell her how I feel. How I feel the protectiveness and care for her. I want her to listen when I say it and when I tell her she deserves more, because I know she doesn't believe it. I like her. I know I do.

As it's said, "The most important things, are the hardest to say." These were my important words and it was going to be hard, but I was going to be there for her. She needed to know how I felt.

With that, I pulled out and headed back home. I couldn't think anymore today and I would just have to try again. I have tons of time. Ian isn't going to change and that just raises my chances of being with Jess. I was going to have to wait a little longer and I really didn't want to do that.

I'm so sorry for not updating for two days :(. on the bright side you got a Justin P.O.V. (: