Chapter 5

Jessica's P.O.V.

And there I was thinking Justin was actually different. He wasn't going to let it go about Ian. I didn't know if I liked Justin or not. I knew I felt something every time he talked to me. His voice was raspy, deep, and so attractive to me. And how he says Jess, my heart skips. I knew right then that how I acted earlier wasn't out of annoyance in what he had said about Ian. I was mad because I didn't want to face the truth in everything he said. To be completely honest, I started to get upset because I realized that I may have feelings for Justin, but I can't breakup with Ian. I'm terrified of what he'll do or what he'll do to Justin. I just have to pretend like these feelings don't exist or something. But, it's going to be really hard.

The Next Day

I stayed at home the rest of the night after Justin left. I didn't want to see Ian like he wanted to see me...

Rolling out of bed, I trudged downstairs to go see my mom. She had just gotten home as I heard the familiar closing of the garage door.

"Hey sweetie," she said as she came in, struggling with her bags.

"Hi, how was grandma's?"

"It was fine. Long day at work though," she sighed.

"Well, I have to go back upstairs and get ready. I think I'm going to hang with Ian today," I stated.

"Alright," she trailed off.

"What?" I said slightly confused.

"Nothing Jessica. Have fun," she replied simply.

"Kay," I mumbled.

Then, I began the walk up the stairs. As I reached my room I noticed that there was a suitcase in my mom's room. Packed.

I know I've never mentioned my dad before, but like everyone else I have one. He's still with my mom, but he's always gone. He claims he's on "business trips". I know that he fucks just about every woman downtown. Even married. (Downtown meaning L.A.) My mom pretends as if he isn't in either of our lives and I still don't understand why they're together, but who knows. He drops by and spends the night on average of once a week. I love my dad and I wish I saw him more, but he can be a total douche sometimes. Maybe I was just used to the way he treated my mom and that was why I was with Ian. I really don't know.

Anyways, I texted Ian asking him what the plan was today.

He responded, "I know what we could do(; if u wanna(;."

God he could be a pig sometimes.

I responded with, "Not today. how bout the movies?"

"I guess. pick you up in an hour. be ready hoe(;."

That probably sounds bad doesn't it? In all honesty he calls me worse than that all the time, kind of like "pet names", but not really.

Haha...

I quickly took a shower and blow dried my hair in about 30 minutes which left me with another half hour to fully get ready. I curled my hair so that it was in loose curls. Then, I put on a black skirt with a white tank top and a necklace Ian had gotten me when he was a nice guy. Not that he isn't anymore, but he at least used to be more thoughtful.

Those were the days.

Then, I applied black eyeliner and mascara to compliment my eyes. Then, threw on my black flats and purse, heading for the stairs. I quickly glanced over into my mom's room as I passed by. I couldn't help but wonder where my dad was right now, as well as being curious for why there was a packed suitcase.

I made it down the stairs just as I saw Ian's car pulling into my driveway. I quickly said goodbye to my mom and bolted out the front door to Ian.

I was excited to see him, regardless of his previous texts and actions towards me. I did love him and I loved being with him. I got into the car and quickly pecked him on the cheek.

"Hey babe," he winked.

"Hi!" I said cheerfully.

We started our way towards Hollywood Cinema, the local movie theater, and it was pretty peaceful. Ian and I talked about little things and listened to the radio on the ride there. It was un-eventful to say the least, but luckily we didn't fight at all.

I linked my hand with his hand as we got out of the car and went into the theater.

He never grabs my hand first.

*Sighs*

We bought our tickets to Iron Man 3 along with popcorn and drinks. Once we got into the theater, I didn't really look around but we sat all the way in the back right. (Away from everyone else)

"I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back. Okay?" I said and leaned down to kiss him.

"Don't keep me waiting," he said jokingly.

I smiled and headed out of our theater.

I really had it in my mind that Ian was going to change. He obviously had a really nice side to him when he wasn't cheating on me and being an immature boy. That's the Ian I fell in love with, the one in the movie theater five minutes ago. He was everything to me.

I finished in the bathroom and headed out. On my way out I ran into my friend from school Cass.

"Hey!" she ran up and hugged me.

"Hey, what's up??" I said, hugging her back.

"Nothing just seeing a movie obviously," she laughed, "who are you with?"

"Ian," I said smilingly.

"Oh...," she trailed off just as my mom had when I mentioned Ian.

Why is everyone doing that?

I chose to ignore Cass and quickly say bye and return to Ian.

I walked into our theater and looked up to where me and Ian were sitting.

And guess who he was with in the back of the theater?

What a dumbass.