Chapter 9

Jessica's P.O.V.

The next morning I woke up to the pitter patter of rain hitting my window. I absolutely loved the rain and it was always romantic...

Not that I truly had any real romance at the moment.

I wanted to make plans with Justin today because I really wanted to see him. We were becoming pretty good friends, I thought. We talked about tons of things and he always got me to smile. So I decided to text him because we had exchanged numbers the day before.

I shot him a quick text saying,

"Let's meet up today :)"

Then, I headed toward the bathroom.

I undressed and quickly took a shower as I was anxious to see if I had a response from Justin.

When I reached my phone I saw I did have one from him and I instantly smiled. However, I also saw one from Ian which made my heart sink.

Outwardly, I rolled my eyes a little but inwardly I felt upset. Like he was missing in my life and I needed him.

I still liked him, but truthfully I hadn't talked to him since Beach Fest and that was a few days ago.

It wasn't normal. I'd usually see him or at least text him everyday.

Not anymore.

His text had said,

"We need to talk"

My mind ran in circles as I continuously questioned myself as to what he could possible need to talk about.

Justin had said,

"For sure (; I'll be over in an hour"

He had sent that twenty minutes ago so I still had time to change, but I needed to talk to Ian. Right?

"Okay. When could we talk? Where?" I replied to Ian.

Instead of waiting for text messages, I got ready to see Justin. I didn't want him to think I liked him, but I didn't want to be completely underdressed. So, I put on light washed shorts with a white lace tank top. Then, I blow dried and straightened my hair.

I looked pretty good, I have to say.

It was now 11:40, meaning Justin would be here in twenty minutes. After not receiving a text from Ian, I decided to call him. He answered rather quickly.

"Hello?"

"Hey, what do we need to talk about? You never answered," I said.

"Well, I'm driving. So, I'll see you in twenty."

"Wait what??" I tried saying, but he had already hung up.

Both Justin and Ian were coming to my house at the exact same time. Last time I saw them together they were at Beach Fest and Justin had been fighting with Ian.

Shit.

Well this will be fun.

I tried calling Justin to tell him change of plans, but he was probably safely driving right now and not pulling out his phone.

Unlike Ian.

I went on Instagram and Twitter to kill time as I waited for drama one and drama two to arrive.

Finally, it was noon and I headed towards the door expecting a car to be pulling up soon. There was Justin hopping out of his car. I saw him fix his hair in his rearview mirror and fix his sweatshirt too. Awh, that's cute.

He was wearing navy blue basketball shorts and a grey Nike sweatshirt. Since it is raining outside. To be honest, Justin is really attractive. Everything about him is.. just you know..

He's adorable.

Anyways, he quickly walked up my steps looking anxious. I flung open the door and said,

"Hi!!" with the biggest smile on my face.

I bet I looked like an idiot.

He laughed slightly then put a smirk on and cooly said, "Hey."

"Just so you know, and I promise I didn't know until you were already on your way, Ian's coming over too.." I trailed off.

He just kind of stared at the floor and didn't say anything.

A minute passed of silence.

"He said, he um, needed to talk to me. I tried to tell him not to come, but he had already hung up," I said.

"I'm sorry," I spoke again.

He finally spoke.

"Jess, I went over to Ian's last night to talk to him," he paused, "And I told him that he couldn't treat you that way anymore, that you two needed to talk," he said and took a deep breath, then exhaled.

"I honestly didn't think he'd do it, or listen for that matter. He didn't seem like he cared about what I said. I don't know what he's going to say, but I'm so sorry," he continued.

I wasn't mad at Justin. There wasn't a reason to be, was there? He just genuinely cared about me and said what I never had the guts to say. I was scared of what Ian was going to talk to me about.

I was in fear of losing him.

"Justin, there is no reason to apologize," I made him look at me as he tried avoiding my eye contact.

He finally actually looked at me and I said, "You care about me and I know you just wanted him to see his ways. Please don't be like that and apologize. I'm glad you did what you did," I stared into his brown eyes.

They were one of my favorite things about him. His eyes displayed so much emotion and whenever we really looked each other in the eyes, we had a connection like no other.

"Jess," he continued staring at me.

He started to lean in and I let him. I then remembered what was happening before I fainted. We were about to kiss and he didn't tell me that when I had asked what were doing before I passed out.

He did it to protect me from being hurt by him and from maybe complicating things? Doesn't matter right now what mattered was what was happening.

The desire for him was too much now. He forcefully pushed his lips into mine as we moved in sync together as one. I had never felt like this with Ian. Never.

I literally felt sparks as cheesy as it sounds. I did.

However, I was way too caught up in the moment to realize that someone had seen us the whole time.

We were standing in front of my door still and there were obviously windows.

People can see through the windows.