Chapter 6

Jessica's P.O.V.

There Ian was, sitting in the back with who do you think?

Natalie.

They were making out and practically raping each other.

I slowly walked up the steps to our seats, forcing myself not to vomit, and just stood there in front of them. They were completely oblivious to my presence until I cleared my throat.

"Ahem."

They immediately pulled away from each other looking at me in shock. That's the thing, Ian knew that I knew he made out with other girls. What he didn't know is that I'd seen it before and he'd never been confronted by me.

"Jessica it was nothing I swear," he said nervously. I had never seen him act that way. Nervous? He's cocky as hell and he'd never shown that side.

"I'm sorry," he looked at me with his piercing blue eyes.

I honestly didn't know what to say because it was a genuine and true sorry. He'd never apologize and especially in front of Natalie? This had to be a joke.

Was I on that MTV show? Pranked?

But I knew I wasn't and I knew I couldn't stay with him for the rest of the movie.

"I'm gonna go."

"No! Please stay. Jessica I'm so sorry. I'll do anything," he said.

I just stared at him with disbelief etched across my face. He looked at me hopefully. I had never walked away from Ian. Always been by his side and had taken the blame in every fight. He knows I'd stay regardless of how jerky and douchey he'd act.

This time it was different.

I turned and headed out to the exit on my right. Out the doors and away from Ian.

The last thing I heard was "Jessica" and I was gone.

Later in the Afternoon

"Can you come over?"

"Yes of course. I'll be on my way."

"Thank you."

With that, I hung up. Cassidy was the greatest friend I swear. If I needed anyone I'd for sure call her out of anyone, even Ian. I definitely needed to talk to her about the whole Natalie situation. Cassidy of course knows Ian's actions and his sick ways with other girls, as anyone would. However, I'd never really voiced my opinion on how badly he treated me. I didn't want to give in to other people's opinions even though deep down I knew they were right.

Shortly after our phone conversation, Cassidy arrived at my house. The first thing I did, after opening the door, was hug her. I really needed the love right now. I had been holding in all these problems for too long.

"So I wanted you to come over so we could talk," I said as I pulled away. We walked into the living room and sat on the couches.

"About??" she said urgently. I saw worry cross her eyes.

"Nothing horrible! I promise. It's just Ian...," I said.

"Oh... ya?"

"Ya... why did you act so weird earlier at the movies when I said his name?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat and I sensed that she was hiding something from me. She looked around avoiding any eye contact with me.

"Cass, tell me. We're best friends," I calmly said.

"I know we're best friends. That's why I don't want to say anything and end up hurting your feelings," she said, sympathy in her eyes.

"If it's about Ian cheating on me, I'm well aware. And if you think you'll hurt me, I promise me you won't. He's hurt me badly enough," I mumbled the last part.

"It's just," she sighed, "he's such a jerk to you Jessica! Why do you still 'love him', as you say? He treats you so terribly and I just hate to know that you are hurting," she finally said.

"I know," I looked down, "that's why I called you. I need advice. What do I do? How can I move on Cass? I've liked him since sixth fucking grade."

"I don't know, you just do. You have to realize that you deserve much better. You really do. Tell yourself that everyday until you believe it. You need to see that he doesn't really love you, and I'm sorry that may sound mean. But it's true."

'He doesn't really love you.'

It killed me that what she said was completely true. How could I be so blind? Of course he doesn't. It hurt more to hear it aloud then just thinking absentmindedly about it.

"I know. I guess you're right. I'll try my best."

"Good! Now let's watch a movie or something to keep your mine off it!" she said cheerfully.

"Alright, I'll make some popcorn!"

We watched movies the rest of the afternoon until she eventually had to leave.

Ian hadn't crossed my mind.

I think I could really do it, I just need to distance myself from him.

I guess we'll see.