A New Fairy Tail Member - Chapter 31 - Juvia's Jealousy and Gray's Anger!

Chapter 31 - Juvia's Jealousy and Gray's Anger!

When we finally came back home, everyone cheered for me for becoming the new S-Class Wizard!

"Good job, Melanie!"

"Thank you!"

Suddenly, the doors opened. Standing within those doors was Laxus. 

Everyone became silent.

"Where's Melanie?", Laxus asked.

I raised my hand. "I'm here"

Laxus casually walked to me and looked at me. He was pretty tall, so I looked up at him. After a few seconds, he patted my head. I reacted with surprise.

"Welcome to the S-Class, kid," Laxus said with a grin.

As he grinned and looked at me, I grinned and looked back as everyone continued to cheer.

But then...an angry aura appeared..

It was Juvia.

Once Laxus and I felt the aura, I turned around and found Juvia, looking at me with eyes like daggers.

"J-Juvia? W-What's wrong?", I asked with a shaky voice.

She walked up to me with heavy steps and pulled my shirt up to her face, forcefully.

"How could you?! HOW COULD YOU TAKE GRAY-SAMA'S PLACE?!"

I was speechless.

Her grip on my shirt was very tight. 

I was starting to get scared. I never wanted our relationship to be like this. I like Juvia, but her attraction to Gray is a bit too much. I only like Gray as a friend! How can she not understand that?!

As her grip started to get tighter, I took a breath and said, "Juvia, I never to take his place. I was just doing my part as his opponent. Nothing else."

"Really? Then why were you so desperate to get the place?"

"Everyone was desperate. Everyone! Including Gray."

"..."

"It was an exam, Juvia. Of course, everyone would be desperate."

"I....I JUST WANTED GRAY-SAMA TO WIN!!! NOT LIKE YOU LOSERS!!!!! GRAY-SAMA DESERVES TO WIN!!! GRAY-SAMA SHOULD BE THE S-CLASS WIZARD!!!!! NOT YOU, AMATEUR!!!"

I was shocked. "Did she just call me an a-amateur?" 

"AHHHHH!!!! I JUST WANT YOU TO DISAPPEAR!!"

Juvia ran up to me with her fist covered in water was about to punch me, until Gray ran, stood in front of me, and got punched instead.

Everyone, including me, reacted with surprise and Juvia's eyes widened with shock.

"GRAY-SAMA?!", Juvia yelled.

"Gray..", I said quietly as I looked at him.

Gray looked down as Juvia looked at him with worried eyes.

"Oh my goodness, Gray-sama! I am so sorry! ♥"

As she was about to hug him, Gray stopped her.

"Huh?"

Gray slowly raised his head and said, "Why did you try to hurt one of my friends?!"

Juvia and I were silent.

"You heard Melanie! I was desperate! Everyone was desperate! Melanie was desperate! But you, you had to leave Melanie's side in the beginning of the first test, because you wanted me to be yours!"

"NO! I--"

"Enough, Juvia! I can't let you hurt Melanie any longer!"

"...Why Gray? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS ON HER SIDE?!"

"It's because.."

"BECAUSE WHAT?!" Juvia started to tear up.

"It's because..I like her.."

I reacted with surprise as my heart started to beat. BA-DUMP BA-DUMP BA-DUMP

"Juvia, you are a nice person, but you are taking this a little bit too far."

...

"I'm sorry, but I want make sure nothing happens to my friends. And that includes Melanie."

Gray looked at me with a smile and I smiled back.

"UGH! FINE!", Juvia yelled as she stormed out.

I exhaled as she came back with tears.

"You are a really lucky person, Melanie!"

She stormed off, leaving everyone to their matters. When she left, I looked at Gray with a smile.

"Thank you, Gray, for standing up for me."

"Eh...it was nothing really..," he replied while scratching his head.

As he scratched his head, I kissed his cheek with my eyes closed. This was a way of my gratitude. After I kissed his cheek, he reacted with surprise and started to blush.

I smiled at him, blushing and walked to the doors. 

Then, he said, "Melanie!"

I turned and looked at him.

".....You're welcome," Gray said with a smile as he looked at me.

I smiled back, left the building, and realized that I kissed Gray on the cheek.

"What did I do?! I kissed him without even thinking! When he said he liked me, my heart started to beat. Oh my gosh! What is happening to me?! What could this be?"

MEANWHILE

A shadow of a dragon lurks over the night's sky and a man is in the forest, covering his red eyes with his hair.