Chapter Three

Matt-

It's been almost 3 weeks since I first got to Japan and I've continued to keep tabs on Mello and nothing new or good. The longer I was here in Japan the more likely something bad would happen and I couldn't help but feel like it was coming soon.

"Matt... you okay?" I looked up Light had glanced up from the book he was reading I've spent almost all my free time with Light. I don't know if this was Ls plan but me and Light have become really close. I still couldn't bring myself to tell him my name yet. I don't know if it's because he's Kira or because I'm just not close enough to him. One of the two.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking"

"About Mello?" Light asked I nodded slightly.

"I'm worried. Mellos never been able to control his anger for as long as I've known him he's had difficulty with not getting into fights. And I'm just worried it's only a matter of time."

"Hey, if something like that does happen you'll figure out what to do. You're smart Matt. But for now nothing has happened so let's calm down and try not to worry."

I smiled. "You're right. I can't be worrying too much. Everything will be okay."

"Exactly. Let's talk about something else. So, how long have you known Mello?" Light asked

"Ever since I first arrived at Wammys House. Though I didn't first have a conversation with him until several weeks later. He kinda kept to himself once we became roommates I started up a conversation and we got to know each other and we soon became best friends"

"And he knows your real name?"

"The only one in the world apart from L."

"What about your soulmates name?" Light asked

I tensed up slightly. "Yeah Mello knows my soulmates name"

Light studied me "I get the feeling you don't want to talk about your soulmate."

I sighed "not really no. It's just with who I am and since I don't like giving out my name. I'd rather not talk about someone who even when I meet them who knows how long it's going to be before I can work up the courage to tell them my real name."

Light nodded "I get it. It's the one secret where your life depends on the people you trust with it."

"Exactly."

"So even your soulmate doesn't get to know until you trust them"

"Right. And it's stressful. Keeping this big secret which is normally an icebreaker for normal people."

"I can only imagine how you must feel."

"Enough about me. What about your soulmate Light Yagami?"

Light blushed rubbing that back of his neck.

/cute/ I thought smiling slightly

"Oh what about them. I mean I haven't met them yet if that's what you want to know."

"I was going to ask if you were excited to meet them but judging by your blush I'm going to assume the answer is yes." I replied teasing him slightly Light blushed deeper hiding his face in his hands

/oh my god he's adorable./ I shook my head no I can't think like this. He's still Kira, he has to be. Yes Light Yagami wants to meet his soulmate but does Kira think that the risk of having a soulmate who's successor to L is worth it? Doubtful. The better question is once he finds out who I am cause he will I can't keep it from him forever. If he doesn't give up being Kira... What will I do? Will I stay with him if he doesn't kill me? Who am I kidding of course I will. I'm already in love with him and he doesn't even know who I really am.

Light looked back up at me his cheeks were still slightly pink he cleared his throat.

"Uh. Anyway. Yeah I am really excited to meet my soulmate. I can't wait to get to know them." He said

"Does part of this have to do with Misa?" I asked

Light sighed "A little bit. I mean I legitimately am really excited to meet my soulmate but I just want her off my back. I don't know why she's so in love with me when I'm not her soulmate. But having no excuse to give her I agreed to be her boyfriend until one of us met our soulmate. I mean it's not like she's not attractive and I do like her I just would rather not be in a relationship until I met my soulmate."

I nodded "yeah some people are like that. Some would rather be in relationships cause no one knows when they are going to meet their soulmate."

"Yeah. What about you? Have you dated anyone?" He asked

I chuckled slightly "believe it or not but I've dated Mello."

Lights eyes widened slightly but there was a smile on his face

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. It only lasted a few weeks cause we didn't want to get too far into a stable relationship and things get awkward between us once we met our soulmates but it worked out and we are pretty compatible for each other. And we are still best friends."

"Glad it worked out for you. Dating friends isn't always the best way to go if you want to date someone before you meet your soulmate"

I was about to reply then the phone rang in the room I glanced over to it curiously before leaning over to pick it up.

"Matt." Ls voice said

"What is it?" I asked

"You need to come downstairs." He said before hanging up a pit formed in my stomach

"What is it" Light asked instead of responding I stood up grabbed his wrist and walked out of the room him trailing behind me

/please don't be anything bad/ I thought in the elevator. Once we reached the bottom floor I walked into the room with Light behind me I stared into the room L was facing me as I walked it Watari was there too nerves grew stronger as I took a few steps in

"What is it?" I asked trying to hide how nervous I was

"Matt... Watari just got a call from Roger..."

"Oh no."

"Mello got into a fight with Near."

I closed my eyes and clenched my fists the nerves were replaced with anger.

"Matt..." I heard Lights voice then felt a hand on my shoulder I started to calm down I opened my eyes

"What now?" I asked trying to level my voice

"We've already arranged to bring both Mello and Near here to Japan." L said I nodded

"Alright. Sorry. But I need to be alone right now." I said walking out of the building and down the sidewalk

I cannot believe this happened. Mello will be lucky if I don't hit him the moment I see him. I took a deep breath right now I need to calm down it will be a few days before I see him and I can't be this angry until then for now I just needed to be alone.

———-

A/n kinda weak ending but it's one in the morning and I just wanted to work on this while I had the motivation so I could start on the chapters that I actually have planned out so yeah this chapter was mainly Matt and Light but the next few chapters will contain more of Mello and Near as well as mentions of Ls soulmate (oooo) I cant wait. 😋 anyway thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!