Chapter 1

Stone stretched, after a nice long nap. She didn't realize that her housefolk would be burning something that late at night. She walked outside and gazed at the woods behind the nest. I want to be out there, catching mice. She thought as she heard something move in the leaves beyond the field. Mouse! She thought. She left where she was sitting on the porch and ran to the forest. As she walked into the forest she knew something was watching her. "Stone!" Yowled a light orange tabby she-cat that came bounding toward her. "Scarlet! You almost scared away the noise!" Stone hissed as she turned her head to face the noise once again. "What's that noise?" Asked Scarlet as she went to investigate the rustle in the tree. "I don't know!" Stone whispered to scarlet. Stone came forward only to be attacked by a light brown blur. "Run!" Stone yelped as she ran from the stranger "Where?" Scarlet asked as Stone skirted around at the mini nest to face the stranger. "Wow!" Stone heard someone whisper. "Who was that?" Stone asked the stranger that was staring at her like she was crazy. "Uhh... I don't know what you're talking about! Don't come near me crazy!" The stranger said in panic. Stone almost said something when two larger cats came out from behind the smaller nest. "Wow! She could hear me whisper to you!" Said the ginger tabby tom with eyes wide in surprise as he came to greet Stone. "Wow! I still can't get over this! Would you like to join our clan?" Stone stared in surprise, "Uh.....I.....I'll think about it. Scarlet!" Stone yowled as Scarlet scampered up, "Yeah? What is it? Do you want me to join too?" Scarlet meowed as she bounced up and down. "Um..Okay. I'm Tigerpelt. This is Mapleleaf and this is my apprentice Oakpaw. If you both join you would be... how many moons are you?" Tigerpelt asked as he stared down at them. "I'm five moons and Scarlet is two moons" Said Stone as she stuck her chest out. "Tigerpelt, their just kits. We can't take them in! There aren't any queens with extra milk!" Mapleleaf said as Stone immediately replied, "I don't need milk! But Scarlet does." She flicked her tail towards Scarlet. "I don't think joining your clan is a good idea." Scarlet meowed trying to add something but Stone interupeted her, "Can we think about it?" Tigerpelt looked at Mapleleaf awkwardly as they said that. "Yes. Mapleleaf will be here tomorrow if you decide you want to join our clan." Tigerpelt said as they turned to go back to their clan. Stone turned to face Ziggie. "Hello, Ziggie. I want to know if you want to join the forest cats. Do you? Me and Scarlet might." Stone said waiting on her respond to her question. "Maybe. You two are the only cats here besides Night, and he's only visiting. If you guys leave, I have to go too!" Ziggie Yowled as she headed towards the nest. "If you go, I go!"