Five

"Eomma? What brought you here?" Jiyong got shocked after seeing his mom seated on one of the couches inside his studio.

"I knew you'll be here."

Jiyong hugged her mom before taking the seat beside her. "How's the house?"

"It's nice."

"Do you like it?"

"Very much. I met someone there. Someone we know."

"Really? That's good. You'll be familiar with the place easier." 

"I want to discuss something with you, Jiyong."

"About what?"

"It's about..."

He looked at her mom, waiting for what she was about to say.

"About her?"

"Her?" His forehead creased in confusion.

"Dara..."

Jiyong stood up abruptly after hearing the name. "Stop joking around, Eomma."

He headed towards the refrigerator that's inside the room to get some refreshments. 

"What do you want to drink?"

His mom didn't answer. 

"Ah! Orange juice. Your favorite." He said, as if talking to himself. 

"She needs help." 

What she said made him stop from his steps. "Why do you have to ruin my day, Eomma?"

"Jiyong, Dara needs help."

"Is she the person you met in the countryside? She probably intentionally greeted you to ask for help. What does she need?"

"I saw your little brother Sang-hyun while I was strolling around. They live there, too."

"Coindence? The hell with that."

"Jiyong..." 

"Was she done with enjoying herself with the man he chose over me? Why? His money probably wasn't enough so she's opting for a bigger catch."

"Don't talk about her that way. You don't know what she has gone through."

"And she doesn't know the pain she inflicted on me!" He raised his voice, turning his back from her mother. "Has she even cared to ask how I was doing after what she did?"

"She didn't mean to hurt you, son?"

He chuckled bitterly. "Did she tell you that?" 

"Jiyong..."

"Eomma, she doesn't know how hard it was for me to spend those days while I was questioning myself. Was I not enough? Have I done something wrong? I struggled to live those days without her until I learned to numb myself from the thought of her."

"All she wanted was the best for you... for us."

"Are you hearing what you're saying, Eomma?"

"Jiyong, I know the past was painful. But, if it was hard for you, it was also equally painful for her."

"Why are you taking her side on this? You've seen me during my suffering moments."

"Jiyong, before she spoke to you, she talked to me first."

"What?" He faced her mom.

"I know about her plan. I was weak back then and I had no choice but to agree to her plan."

"What do you mean?"

"Have a seat and listen carefully to what I'll tell you." 

"Eomma..."

"I'm your mother, Jiyong. Will I lie to you?"

He was hesitant but still obliged to her mother's request.