Eight

Dara was moved to the city without her knowledge out of Jiyong's decision. He was advised by the doctor who checked on her that she needed to get a more thorough treatment since her condition was worsening. 

"Sang-Hyun?" Dara's voice was weak. 

"He just went out to get something to eat." Jiyong, who was woken up after hearing Dara's voice, replied. 

"Who are you? Where am I?" She asked, feeling the unfamiliarity of the place. 

"You're in the hospital. You've been asleep for two days now."

"Hospital?"

"You fainted the other days and the doctors need to monitor your condition."

"I'm okay now. I just want to stay at home."

"You can't."

"Why?" 

"Because I said so." 

"Sir, whoever you are, I need to speak to my Doctor. I can't be here in the hospital." 

"Why do you have to be so hardheaded, Dara?"

Hearing her name made her speechless. 

'It can't be.'

"Hyung, I brought coffee for you." 

She heard Sang-hyun's voice.

"Sang-hyun-ah."

"Noona, you're awake."

"Sang-hyun, can you leave me and your Noona for a few minutes?"

"Jiyong Hyung..."

"Ji~yong?" Dara's heart started to pound faster than normal. 

"Please." 

"Alright. I'll be outside." 

...Silence...

"What are you doing here?" Dara broke the silence. 

"Trying to catch up with the times we've lost."

"Stop being stupid."

Jiyong chuckled. "You're right. I should have thought of  that a long time ago."

"What did Eomeoni tell you?" Dara asked, lips started to tremble. 

"Everything." 

"Jiyong, you shouldn't be doing this." 

"Until when will you make decisions for me?" He sounded angry. 

"I just did what I thought was right for all of us." 

"What's right for us?" 

"Jiyong..."

"Dara, you made me believe that you left me for someone else. You made me hate you."

Tears rushed down her cheeks. "It's the best way for you to quickly forget about me." 

Jiyong bit his lower lip to stop his sob from being heard. He quickly dried his tears when he felt them running down his cheeks. "Why do you have to decide on your own, Dara? Why do you have to sacrifice our happiness?"

"It was a decision out of love." She stated. "It was very hard for me to leave you. Eomeoni, Sang-hyun and you... the 3 of you are the reason why I'm living. Eomeoni needed to be cured and your dream was almost within your reach back then. Who am I to stop those from happening? It was my presence that's serving as a hindrance."

Jiyong sniffed. "I hated you for so long when it was you who made the biggest sacrifice."

Dara smiled as tears drowned her eyes. "It's a decision I never regretted." 

"I'm not gonna let you suffer anymore, Dara." 

"Ji..."

He stood up and kissed her forehead. "I'll be stupid to let you go again. I'll fight for you whatever happens."

"It's fate that's keeping us apart. I'm not the woman for you, Ji." 

"I'm the only person who can decide who's right for me."

"Ji, wake up. I'm dying." 

"Then I'll spend those remaining days with you." 

"Jiyong..."

"Dara, I'll spend all the money I have just to find you the best Doctor. I won't lose you. Not this time." He didn't let her speak anymore. He silenced her with his lips. 

They were longing for that kiss for so long, they were catching for breath when their lips parted.