XVIII.

As my lips touched his, I felt myself getting visibly light headed

As my lips touched his, I felt myself getting visibly light headed. I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing, but all I knew was that his lips against mine like this felt nice.

Really fucking nice.

His hands slipped past my cheeks to the back of my neck as he pulled me further into him, deepening the kiss.

I couldn't figure out how breathing worked anymore.

All I knew was that my oxygen was deteriorating for a very good cause.

My hole body felt the most alive it had ever felt before. Every part he touched caused my heart to beat with even more intensity. A soft almost muffled moan left me as his tongue slipped out to trace my bottom lip. It stung a bit from how hard I had bitten into it earlier, but I couldn't deny the strong feeling of arousal the pain brought with it.

I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, careful not to touch any part that was badly bruised. His tongue gently prodded my lips before slipping through into my mouth.

I let out another muffled moan and this time, I felt James groan against me. He stood up abruptly from the chair, breaking the kiss. I was so dazed, I hadn't even opened my eyes yet until I processed the fact that we were no longer kissing.

I frowned with worry.

Had I done something wrong?

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't of-" I started, but he cut me off again with another chastened kiss. This time, it was very gently as he placed soft kisses first on my lips, then on my cheeks nearing my ear.

"Don't apologize." He whispered huskily against my earlobe. His voice was so raw and primal, I felt myself getting even more aroused. I hadn't experienced something this intense ever. As his tongue went out to gently nibble on the lobe, I shuddered against him.

"J-James." I whispered/moaned out when his other hand found its way around my waist, drawing me closer.

He pulled away again moments later.

"I'm starting to lose a little control." He spoke finally. It looked like it had taken every shred of willpower he had in him to put some distance between us. I unconsciously brought my lip up in between my teeth. He followed my every movement with his eyes intensely, before he finally fluttered his eyelids closed.

"T-That was... just... uhm-" I stuttered, sounding like a freaking babbling idiot. I don't think I had ever stuttered a single moment in my entire existence, but here I was, standing before James completely brain dead.

A large smile broke across his lips.

His lips.

His perfectly sculpted lips I kind of really wanted to kiss again.

I think I now saw the hype of kissing.

"I think it's time we got you to bed." He spoke finally. I frowned but he just leant down and placed another soft kiss on my lips. Fuck it felt so good.

"In my defense, I don't know where the fuck I am or how I even made it here." I countered. He chuckled, moving towards the door to grab his coat and keys. I expected him to slip the coat on but instead, he carefully pulled a sweater over instead.

Apparently the coat was for me. "I think I've proven to be terribly at borrowing your coats." I reminded him.

"Keep this one." He replied. "I like the way my clothes look on you."

I had to glance away to keep him from seeing how heated my face was.

-
James's POV
I kept stealing glances of Killian in the passenger seat of my SUV as I drove him back to Sarah's apartment. Oh how I had wanted him to spend the night...

I had really wanted him to spend the fucking night...

But I knew that I didn't want to rush him, or make him feel uncomfortable in any way. The look of sadness on his face when I told him it was time to get him home, made my heart swell. I was incredibly happy he didn't want to leave either.

I couldn't stop thinking about the way he looked at me just before he kissed me.

I don't think anyone has ever looked at me like that before... with pure want.

When our lips finally did touch, I tasted the irony taste of blood from how hard he had bit into his lip. I tried to be gentle, but every sensation he caused was bringing me closer and closer to the edge. I needed to get him home.

I really needed to get him home.

One hand left the steering wheel and landed comfortably on a thigh of Killian's. I could see Killian visibly tense, but when I moved to remove it, his hand gently laid on top of mine.

I told myself to look ahead regardless of what happens because I couldn't afford a distraction like Killian while driving.

He gently traced the edge of the bandages that he had wrapped around my knuckles, and of course, I couldn't focus on anything but that. How the hell did he have such an intense affect on me?

I let go of a shaky breath as I finally pulled up to the front of Sarah's apartment building. It was awfully dark on this area of the street, and me being the gentleman I was, I decided to walk Killian to the front entrance.

"Thank you for stoppi-" I started, but he cut me off by standing up on his tippy toes and placing a soft kiss on my lips. My hands wrapped around his smaller frame securely as I smiled down at him, loving how good and warm he felt against me in my jacket.

His fingers tangled themselves in my hair, pulling me further down to him. I let out a groan from how good it felt, and sort of backed him up into the door.

His breathing was sporadic now. He finally had to pull away from lack of oxygen, but when he did, I couldn't stop staring at how flushed and gentle he looked.

My thumb reached out to trace his swollen red lips.

"Goodnight Killian." I whispered to him before placing a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Goodnight." He whispered back as I slowly descended back down the stairs towards my parked yet running car.

" He whispered back as I slowly descended back down the stairs towards my parked yet running car