Chapter 1 - The Fall

Koba climed back up. He was exhausted from the fight with Caesar. The adrenaline rush from his rage was now gone. It left him feeling depleted. As he forced himself up he saw Caesar standing above him. He was a little surprised and had not expecting The Ape King to be so close to him.

His rage was gone. What he did was wrong yes or rather the way he went about it was wrong. The humans didn't deserve to live, Caesar was allowing his love for humans to cloud his judgment. He was the one putting their people in danger. Not Koba. If Ceasar had listened to him in the beginning then none of this would have happend. All humans were evil. Nothing good ever happened with them around.

Koba could tell that like him, Caesar was tired. He saw his King's face. It was hurt and disappointment that seemd to be on his features. Their was something else though. It was the look of giving up. The look of pain of losing something precious. Perhaps there was a chance that Caesar would help pull him up.

Koba breathed heavily from the exhaustion. He held his hand out to Caesar hoping for forgivenes like always when he defied his King. Caesar always forgave him. He always understood Koba and Koba always felt a renewed respect when his King did so. For his patience with him.

With a deep breath Koba's thick rustic voice breathed out tiredly. "Ape not kill ape." It was a desperate attempt at makimg sure Caesar didn't kill him out right. Slyly the thought of taking Caesar's hand and yanking his King into the abyss bellow crossed his mind. Only if he did so he knew that their would be a chance that he would die as well. He put that thought away. He had already tried to kill Casar a number of times in the past few hour. Another attempt was folly.

Caesar seemd to be on the verge of tears as he reached for koba. Koba brighten. He knew Caesar would help him up. He always did. Koba felt his King's warmth as he slowly wrapped his hand around Koba's wrist. Koba sighed with relief as Caesar pulled him up gently. That was just how Caesar was, he had always been gentle. Too gentle. Koba inwardly grinned but stopped as Caesar looked up and stopped pulling him up. What was Caesar doing? Why had he stopped? Caesar closed his eyes breathing more heavily than before and opened them again looking at Koba.

As Caesar spoke what he said destroyed Koba from within. His King's words shattered him to the very core. It broke Koba more than any Human could ever have done. "You are... Not Ape."

Koba's face and body went slack in pure shock. Ceasar losend his grip and let koba drop into the Abyss of the old building.

Koba screamed. His emotional pain and fear could be heared by all as he plummeted. "Noooooo." He hit the wires as he fell. They slightly slowed his decent. He could be seen trying to grab them but failed. He hit the broken communications tower in the middle of the abysss, it broke his fall. However as soon as he landed it fell with him on it. It and Koba plunged into darkness. The only thing that could be seeen was metal. The sound of it screeching as it hit the walls.  What was worse was Kobas screams of fear.

As Koba hit the bottom he was surprised by how against all odd, he had lived. Koba had survived the fall.

So there we have it. The first chapter.

Koba lives and is left scared and broken by Caesar's declaration of Koba not being an Ape. What will Koba do? Where will he go now that he is practically banished from his people?