Jealous? Why ... ?

Soon I became close friends with Gabourey, we used to share all the time and of course the other girls joined us,  too, Sara and Llily.

But on the other hand, Emma was always distant with us. She was always with Evan, waiting to go to lunch with him, waiting to finish a scene to run to him after it... His presence overwhelmed me, I did not want to imagine how it would feel, Evan ... He seemed to try to comfort her for all of her bullshit.

At lunch Sara, Gabourey and I sat down to eat.  I did not understand what Sara was saying because of all the cake she had in her mouth, that caused me a lot of laughs. I could not stop laughing but everything changed when Evan came in a  terrible mood,  behind the shades... Emma, of course. 

Gabou: Pff , they’re fighting again. ( She ate another potato and looked elsewhere) 

Sara: I don't understand how they can endure it. (She continued eating cake.) 

I didn’t understand how he can do it, either. I know their relationship is nobody's business, but it was always unpleasant to see Emma weep in public ... I felt sorry for her ... the first day I met her I thought she was someone nice, now I only saw her as a nuisance. 

Taissa: I think that she looks ridiculous,all the time crying to Evan, somebody needs to tell her that.

Sara and Gabou looked at me with widened eyes. 

Sara: I thought you and her were on good terms.

Taissa: We get along well, It's just that I am not pleased to see her bothering Evan all the time. 

Gabou: Are you jealous? 

Taissa: Hahaaa, please, Jealous? Why ... ? 

Sara: Don’t tell me that there is a secret romance between you and Evan.

Gabou: Hooo ! I wanna hear about that!

Taissa: No, nothing has happened between us and  it’s not going to happen, he and I are just friends. 

Gabou: I caught  Evan looking at you. 

Sara: You are not the only one.

Taissa: I don't understand what you are talking about. 

Gabou: Ha! Don’t pretend, it has not been only Evan who’s looking, your chemistry is undeniable!

I felt my cheeks like a furnace.

Taissa: Whatever, he has a girlfriend now and is getting married. 

Gabou and Sara looked disappointingly, both turned to look at Evan who seemed bored at listening to Emma. 

All afternoon and throughout the night I thought about the supposed "jealousy" ... Was it too obvious? I have never spoken about him with anybody but Vera and it was nothing much, but who cares. He would never pay attention to me because I never dare to insinuate anything. 

. . .

The days passed and when I saw that nobody was watching me, I looked at him ... walk, move, talk, smile, eat, complain, kiss ... and if I could ... I wanted a night, watching him sleep.