Dirty Conscience.

The next morning. 

The white sheets were covering our bodies, the sun seemed not to shine like it was  everyday.    Our looks were riveted, stagnant, lost in the white ceiling, and it was somewhat uncomfortable. 

We were naked, only the thin savannas covering our skin, and despite it we looked like a couple of strangers.  

A minute more of silence and my thoughts would become painful regrets.   

"I've fucked my friend, my engaged friend" I couldn’t stop repeating in my head and couldn't even imagine what was he thinking.  

Taissa: What’s  wrong? (I asked  him with my eyes still fixed on the ceiling)   

Evan: Nothing, what’s wrong with you? (His voice was numb)   

Taissa: Nothing...    

Silence reigned again.   

The curiosity was killing me, was he angry with me?, Had he regrets for  sleeping with me?   

My thoughts vanished with the sound of Evan’s cell ringing, he sat on the bed putting his head in his hands. I limited myself to see him, he got up to get his boxers then began to search for his trousers and his cell phone wouldn’t stop ringing.    

Evan:  Shit, 56 missed calls. (He said with concern)   

No need to ask from whom ...   

Evan answered his phone in the living room so I couldn’t hear very well what he was saying. I reached out for my underwear and was looking for something comfortable to wear, I found red cotton shorts and a short shirt, Evan’s shirt was still on the floor with some of his other clothes.    Evan entered the room worried.   

Taissa: What happened ?  

 Evan: It's Emma, she sounded really crazy! She  accused me of being unfaithful, she called you a bitch and told me that if I returned to her hotel room it should be to pick up my clothes.   

Taissa: Why did she accuse you of cheating? Did anyone saw us?    

Evan: Somebody sent  her  a picture of us holding hands.  

Taissa: And because of that she accuses you of cheating?That’s ridiculous!   

Evan: It’s not just that ... Also, because I didn’t return last night to her.   

Taissa: Tell her that you were very angry with her and you stayed here to sleep over, on the couch.   

Evan: Are you crazy !? Of course I won’t , she’s gonna kill me... I'll tell her ... mmm ... I'll tell her I slept at a friend's house or something.   

He looked really worried when seeking excuses and lies to Emma, it hurt me when he called me "crazy" ... He  wanted to hide me so much? I just wanted him to say ... Oh so silly of me to think he would say that he had slept with me last night, what the hell was I thinking?  

Taissa: Tell her that after the party Ryan has invited you to continue drinking and talking into his room ... or something like that?   

Evan: Mmm I don't know ... what if she doesn’t  believe that?   

Taissa: Then tell her you went  to his  room just because you didn't want to argue more with her. (I said irritated)   

Evan:  That's it! I'm gonna say that ... Thanks honey.   

But if you want.. tell her the truth ... tell her you slept with me, tell her you were mine and not hers ...  SHIT, WHAT WAS I  THINKING?   

Taissa: You're welcome ... (I said with a touch of sadness)   

Evan was looking for a shoe that was missing.   

Taissa: Here it is ... (I flung it at him)   

Evan: Thanks.   

Evan finished dressing, seemed rushed, really rushed.  I accompanied him to the door, when I opened the door, he came out as if I did not exist ,without saying goodbye or anything ... It left me perplexed.   

Evan: Shit !!   

He then suddenly returned and kissed me sweetly on the mouth.   

Evan: Forgive me, I don't know where  my mind is today.   

He kissed me and then we hugged for about a couple of minutes.   

Evan: We’ll talk about this later ... I'm so sorry for leaving so ... you know ... you understand ...   

Taissa: Yes, I know ... (I felt ashamed and I lowered  my head)   

Evan: I love you Taissa ... I enjoyed to be with you. (That made me blush)   

Evan took my face in his hands and looked into my eyes ... He kissed me again, this time with much more passion.   

Taissa: Will we see each other again?   

Evan: Later ..We’ll plan where and when  to meet again ... I have to go ... bye ... I love you.   

Taissa: I love you, too ... Bye.