Chapter 9- Rising Tension

Ashley's P.O.V

Why God? Why?

"Hey, it's nice to meet you." she smiles fakely, holding her hand out. I shake it stiffly with an equally fake smile.

"Nice to meet you too." I say through gritted teeth. Zerrie may not be real, but the idea of it effectively killed Abby and made me miserable. Besides, her face is terrifying.

"Are you really Liam's sister? It's so cool he has a sister!" she squeaks in her ridiculous accent. It's so obnoxious.

"Yeah, I am." The tension is so thick between Perrie and I you can practically see it. Luckily, Niall steps in.

"So, Perrie, what have you been up to?" he asks tactfully, saving me from any more awkward conversation. Perrie goes on to ramble about the flight here and shopping and band rehearsals. I guess we do have some stuff in common.

"Zayn, I missed you." Perrie coos once he sits next to her on the couch. She attempts to kiss him, but Zayn moves away.

"She knows." he says curtly. Perrie's face falls, but she regains her composure quickly.

Zayn and Liam, Louis and Harry, and Niall and Perrie are all having separate conversations, and I feel awkward breaking them up so I open up my phone and go on Facebook.

Ashley Stevenson (I should really change that): le awkwardly third-wheels but with seven people 😁

Nothing really interesting has happened, but Riley has a new profile picture which shows off her boobs. She has really nice ones, too. Way better than Perrie's. Actually, Riley and I probably wear the same bra size now, give or take a few inches.

I log onto Twitter instead, and fire off a few tweets.

ThatHorseyDirectioner: BORED

ThatHorseyDirectioner: Le sigh. Niall is hot. I like Niall. I wish I could talk to Niall.

After a few minutes, there's hundreds of replies, retweets, and favourites. Niall, who's been on his phone, has also responded.

NiallOfficial: @ThatHorseyDirectioner I like you too :)

As one would expect, this makes my mentions blow up more. Follows from Liam, Zayn, and Niall exacerbate this.

ThatHorseyDirectioner: @NiallOfficial talk to me pls

Niall pokes my side a few seconds after I send the tweet. "Babe, if ya were lonely ya shoulda said. I'll talk to ya." he sighs, leaning into me. Perrie goes outside to take a phone call, leaving Niall and I alone to talk.

"I like you." I mumble, playing with his hair.

"I like ya too." he says sleepily.

"Ashley, this may have escaped your notice but Niall likes everyone." Liam teases. Niall wraps his arms around me.

"I don't like you." Niall pouts, hugging me. I giggle as Niall flings himself into me.

"Ow! Niall, you hit my boob. Nice going." I flick him in the forehead with one hand and cradle my poor injured boob with the other hand. Niall tries to suppress his laughter but fails miserably.

"Bro! Not cool!" Even I'm laughing at this point, but Niall tries to put on a serious face.

"I'm so sorry babe. Want me to kiss it better?" he asks, doing the cutest pouty face.

I flick his forehead again. "You wish. I gotta go pee."

Niall squeezes my upper thigh as I get off the couch, making me grab his wrist. "Hands to yourself, you."