Chapter 1- Missed Chances and Lost Golds

"Tears are 1% water 99% Feelings"

"watch as Hudson's hands slip from the bar while jumping."

I watched as 13 year old me stood on the low bar and propelled myself forward with all my might. My hands tapped the bar and the video went to slow motion. My hands slipped off causing chalk to cloud the air. i stared at the screen unable to look away as I hit the ground with my leg straight. Letting out a bloodcurdling scream erupting the arena into gasps.

I rolled on the ground as coaches and paramedics swarmed me. The camera panned to my parents.

My perfectly normal parents. My mother with a beating heart and my dad without a beer bottle in his hand. They held each other and a tear ran down my mother's face.

They watched as i was carried away on a stretcher.

"And that right there is what cause Team USA the gold."  The announcer said as i click the TV off.

I sighed as i hopped off the bed and walked into the bathroom dropping my clothes as i went. I turned the shower on and stood in front of the mirror.

My long chestnut brown hair hit right below my breast. Light purple and blue spots shadowed over my tan skin. I thought back to what happened last night.

"GOD DAMN IT VANESSA" my dad's voice ripped through the house and i ducked my head dodging a beer bottle as it shattered against the wall spraying me with beer.

"I FUCKING TOLD YOU THAT I WANTED PIZZA YOU STUPID BITCH DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN?" he yelled coming closer with every step. I have learned to just keep quiet when he gets like this. If I dare even respond i know my ass will be through the window in 10 seconds.

All of the sudden i felt a sharp pain in my stomach and i let out a quick breath as my dad's hand pulled back ready to strike again. I braced myself against the wall waiting for the impact.

With a sharp crack his fist collided with my cheek bone and i dropped to the floor in pain clutching my face.

"YOUR JUST A STUPID BITCH AND YOU CAN NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I KEEP YOU AROUND ITS NOT LIKE YOUR ASS PAYS RENT." he yelled as his foot slammed into my stomach causing me to start choking. With that he grabbed his car keys off the kitchen counter and stormed out of the house slamming the door behind him.

I slowly crawled upstairs and into my bed. I pulled the covers over my head and shut my eyes tight, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I bit my lip and walked to the shower. I slowly put one foot in and then the other till i was completely in.

 I tried to steady myself as my head started spinning. I was crying so hard that i was gasping for air. I slowly slid to the ground into the fetal position.

"i wish you were here mom, i need you, i need you so much," i whisper as more sobs escaped my mouth.

"If you were still here everything would be perfect again. I would give up anything to have you back. Please." i mumbled to myself.

My hand slowly reached up to shelf in the bathroom as i grabbed my shaver. I smashed it against the side of the shower causing the plastic to break. I picked up one of the blades and held it in front of me.

Tears were streaming down my face as i brought the blade to my wrist. I closed my eyes and took one deep breath in.

"I miss you" i breathed out as i slid the blade across my skin. Bright red blood followed the trail the blade left.