Chapter 2- Nothing On You Baby

"Life is like a game, you can play it safe and be good, or you can take a chance and be great."

"YES" Martin screamed at the top of his lungs and grabbed my hand pulling me out of the shop.

"COME ON GRAN HOLLY" i yelled behind me. She jumped up and ran behind us chirping like a bird really loud.

"Here, get in," he said opening the passenger side door for me and the back door for Gran Holly. Once we were both in he ran around the other side and shut his door putting his key in the ignition and starting the car.

"Where are we going?" i asked as Martin weaved in and out of the New York traffic clearly in a hurry. Before he could even respond Gran Holly spoke up from the back seat.

"What size underwear do you wear Martin?" i gasped and turned around. "Gran you cant just ask someone that." i yelled at her.

"Sorry i was just curious." she mumbled and sat back in her seat.

"Anyways......" Martin said as he turned a corner. "Were going to the Beacon theater that is where the rest of the crew is auditioning people." as soon as he finished he pulled into a parking spot infront of a really big building. My stomach started to erupt into butterflys.

The only person that i have ever sang in front of was my mother. Plus I'm not even positive that I'm a good singer.

"Come on lets go." Martin said rushing out of the car. I took a deep breath in and hopped out. Gran Holly was already right behind Martin pulling at his pants to see what size they were.

I shook my head as i followed them into the building it was filled with hundreds of girls my age wearing "The Wanted" t-shirts and holding up signs. Who the in the hell are the wanted i thought to myself as i walked along.

"Alright Vanessa just go up those steps right there and stand on the X in the middle." Martin said handing me a microphone. He gave me a little push and i reluctantly walked up the steps.

"Okay please state your name, age, where you live, and what song you are singing." Another man that sat behind a desk said. I felt like i was on American Idol or something.

"Erm..." i began as i got really nervous looking out into the crowd. "My name is Vanessa Hudson, I'm 17 and i live in New York.....and I'm not quite sure what some I'm singing because i have just basically been kidnapped by Martin." i said really fast. The audience and the people behind the desk laughed. It calmed me down a bit.

"Just sing whatever is doesn't matter." Martin said with a grin as he put his pen in his mouth chewing on the cap.

"uhmmm ohkay i guess i'll sing.........nothin on you." i said. it was the first song to pop into my so i guess ill have to go with it.

"Ohkay great off you go than." the other guy told me.

i took a deep breath and began the song.

Beautiful girls all over the world

I could be chasing

But my time would be wasted

They've got nothin' on you Baby

Got nothin' on you Baby

They might say Hi (Hello)

And they might say Hey

But you shouldn't worry

About what they say

'Cause they've got nothin' on you Baby

Got nothin' on you Baby

I know you feel where I'm coming from

Regardless of the things in my past that I've done

Most of it really was for the hell of the fun

On the caroussel so around I spun

With no directions just tryna get some

Tryna chase skirts living in the summer sun

This is how I lost more than I ever won

And honestly I ended up with none

Beautiful girls all over the world

I could be chasing

But my time would be wasted

They've got nothin' on you Baby

Got nothin' on you Baby

I've been to London

I've been to Paris

Even way out there in Tokyo

Back to georgia to New-Orleans

But you always steal the show

And just like that girl you got me froze

Like a nintendo 64

If you never knew Baby now you know (know)

Beautiful girls all over the world

I could be chasing

But my time would be wasted

They've got nothin' on you Baby

Got nothin' on you Baby

They might say Hi (Hello)

And they might say Hey

But you shouldn't worry

About what they say

'Cause they've got nothin' on you Baby

Got nothin' on you Baby

(The Version she sings is the cher lloyd version you can watch the video here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNKq_mgalpo&feature=g-like )

i got so into the prefromance i was all over the stage. After i finished i looked into the crowd and everyone was on their feet cheering for me. Even Martin and the other guys were clapping.

I couldn't help but smile. i was so proud of myself. my thoughts were interrupted by Martin talking through a microphone.

"I THINK WE FOUND OUR NEW OPENING ACT" Martin yelled through the auditorium causing it to erupt into applause.

I started giggling like a little school girl. I hopped of the stage and went and sat down by my Gran.

"That was so good Nes. I'm so proud of you baby." my eyes started to tear up when she told me that. The last time someone told me they were proud of me was right before the Olympics.

Finally after a half an hour the auditorium was clear. Martin walked up to me handing me a folder.

"Here is your all you papers, plane ticket, directions to your hotel and everything else you will need. See you in London!" he exclaimed throwing his hands in the air. I just stared at him.

"I'm going to London.....tomorrow!" exclaimed as i flipped through the papers.

"yeah we are running behind so we need to get everything rolling quickly." he said as he hugged me and walked away.

This is really happening.