Part 3

#LockedUp
#Part3
#ShorthStoryChallenge

A door slammed waking me from my sleep. My new roommate Chantel was still sleeping when I got up to use the bathroom. The seat was cold and it was raining outside. I had been here 3 days and things were really boring. I looked across the lawn that I could see from my window only to see the D wing outside huddled together to keep warm. Some was smoking a cigarette and talking, some was just trying not to get wet.
I looked over Chantel was sleeping good. I wonder what she did to be in here. The buzzer when off. When the buzzer sounded everyone needed to be counted no matter where they where. And it was several counts all day. And it was time for another count.
Chantel opened her eyes and slowly got out of bed. I pulled my clothes up just in time as the door flew open. "Damn what if we was naked?" Chantel said. "Line up inmates!" The CO barked at us. Count was my least favorite thing. We had to stand there untill everyone was counted. And we had to be counted twice.
It was off to the govener's office. The governor was a tall lean black woman with her hair pulled back into a tight bun. She wore glasses and always had on black. "Double murder?" She asked peering over her glasses. She was a mean woman and you could tell.
"Look this prison is mine and i know there will be certain pressures from the inmates. But stick with me and things will be okay here." She said.
"Have you done drugs?" Patterson asked.
"No" i told her
"Good we dont tolerate that here." She began to read over some paperwork.
"Your dismissed" Patterson said with a little wave of her hand.
"Just like that?" I asked
"Take her to chow". She said looking disgusted.
~Chow Time~
I ran to the door waiting to grab a tray. I was really hungry. "You good? Chantel asked. I ignored her. "I'm talking to you!!!" She said grabbing me by the arm. " Let me go!!" I said "Or what bitch?" She replied. "Enough ladies! Chow time or SEG! MOVE IT!!! The prison gaurd said. He was bald and surprisingly handsome. He had a nice build and smooth skin. You could tell he worked out. And before I could finish looking him up and down he gave me a little push. "I'm going, damn. You don't have to push me Mr. Harris. And I'm pregnant." I told him. "I dont give a fuck, now move it inmate." We made it to the chow area. I grabbed my tray and got in line. A new lady stepped up to me. "This spot is saved for my bitch." She told me. "Barnett enough. I suggest if you don't want to end up in SEGg you better behave." She gave me a wink and turned around. Now what could she mean by that I wondered. I wasn't weak nor afraid. But I didn't wanna go to SEG. Barnet was a big girl and she had a few girls following her. "I hope she is not to dog." I thought to myself.
Now the shoo is what we also call SEG. you didn't want to go to the shoo. It was a metal bed with no cot or covers. The walls smelled of blood and urine. And chow was only once a day with no visitors or windows. It was horrible. There was roaches and rats. And the floor was often wet.
~

After breakfast I headed to the showers. I couldn't wait to wash my dreads and feel the warm water. This was the best part of my day. For a few seconds the world was okay. I got in the shower and the water began to run down my back. It felt so good, I felt good. Barrnett and Chantel walked in the shower. I ignored them while they was talking. I let my mind slip into la la land when all of a sudden I was pulled back by my hair. Barnett had a razor to my neck. What was I going to do!?
To be continued....
Will Evon get hurt or will a gaurd come to her help? Find out in part four