Awake

#LockedUp
#Part6
#ShortStoryChallenge

My head was banging and everything was blurry. I was in so much pain. I heard foot steps coming closer. I could hear ppl talking but I couldnt focus on anything. My mind was racing. I couldn't think. 'Where was I?' I tried to think hard. I couldn't rember. "I think she is waking up " I heard a nurse say. "Evon? Evon? I heard faintly. "Evon can you hear me this is Dr. Rebecca." I saw a beautiful lady with red long curly hair. Her hair fell down her back in lose natural curls and it fell over her shoulders as she checked my pulse. Chantel was laying in a bed nexmoot to me. She had a black eye and she was taking with a police officer. More foot steps approached as I saw cops and a Investigator coming in. "Hello I'm investigate or Jackson. We have some questions. Do you know who did this to you. No i said. Chantel was taking to a separate cop. "tell me from the beginning what happened" Investigator Jackson asked. " I don't know." I said. He looked at me confused. "You where raped and beaten. We need to know who did this. "It was dark." I said tearing up. I felt angry I was mad."i think it was was two of them." I said weakly. "How is my baby? I asked crying. "Your baby is fine. Your gonna be okay." The doctor told me. He was in the room with us to make sure everything was going to be fine. My mind was racing. I wanted blood. I was gonna kill whoever was behind this.' "Hello? Are you listening Evon?" Investigator Jackson asked. I stopped clean in mid thought. I haven't head anyone use my first name in two months I almost forgot it. I heard inmate for so long that it almost seemed normal to me. I took a deep breath. " I'm sorry I'm just really tired.I don't know wh did this. I'm just tired. The doctor told them we needed rest. Chantel had told the police nothing either. Investigator Jackson handed me a card and told me to call him if I thought of anything. A nurse came in and wispered to Chantel softly where i could not hear. I felt alot better knowing my baby was okay.
I turned over to to look at Chantel the next day. She was awake. "What happened to you?" I asked "I don't know. They just attacked me. " "Who did this to me?" I asked fighting back more tesrs. My eyes where swollen damn near shut. It felt like I got hit by a car. I winced in pain as I tried to get more comfortale. I held my belly praying for my child "I don't... know." she said. Chantel looked at me with tears in her eyes and said "They beat me too. They gone kill me if you don't help..." After a long pause Chantel had tears streaming down her face. She looked so hard before but now she actually looked human. "I'm scared" she told me "Not because of them but because I'm pregnant too." I kept quiet. I didn't know what I was gonna do I was scared. For the first time I was actually scared. I looked over at her and leaned over close to her and wispered "I won't tell anyone." I couldn't wait to get back to my cell. I couldn't wait to find out who did this to us. I wanted blood so bad I didn't realize I had bit my lip till I tasted blood.
It was three day before i got back to my cell. My mind was racing. I wanted to find out who did what. I was to be escorted back and that's when I saw it. A gaurd I never saw before. He was light skinned and very muscular. He was geourgous. Our eye connected for a second. He was beautiful. "Officer Benson!!!" Another gaurd yelled across the hall. His name must have been Benson because he winked at me then turned around. My heart almost stopped. My blood began to boil. Hate filled my heart. I could hear my heart beat pounding in my ears. Everything turned red. He had a long scratch across his face. 'Was Officer Benson the one who came into my room. He was the one who raped me. But why.' My head began to swirl. 'keep ya cool' I thought. I began to walk quickly to my cell Officer Harris grabbed me out of now where and "Where you going?" He asked. I was shocked. He had a long scratch on his face as well. "I...I....I don't feel well."I chocked out. I rushed to my cell and closed my door. I layed down. I was sick to my stomach. Now I was angry. "Now what am I going to do now?" I wispered to myself as, a hot tera seared my cheek. I sat down on my bed in my cell. "I'm going to kill them both." I said in cold blooded tone. And I meant it.

Who raped me? Chantel is pregnant, two men are scratched. And did the rape have anything to do with Barnett? Find out next time.