chapter 12

Evon wasn't the fighting type. Matter of fact she lived pretty easy and was comfortable. She didn't have much conflict in school. She wasn't popular but she was quiet. Evon never thought she would be i prison. None of them did. Barnette had it rough though. She had to fight, she had to survive, she had to do whatever it meant to make it. Barnette's father died when she was young. all she had was her mother. Her sisters and brothers had to count on her. her mother was addicted to the bottle and the casino.
The grass was green, the air was warm and the wind felt good. i could see the trees swaying in the breeze. my baby was laying in my arms sleeping. i felt so good. i hadn't felt this free in a while. i felt myself jolt. my baby started to cry. "sshhhh" i said rocking her. i jolted again. My baby cried louder this time. i tried to comfort her but she kept crying. "she is breathing" i heard someone say. "good" lets get her to the imfirmary now."i heard another. "what happened?" i heard the governor say. "overdose" the other said. my baby was gone. i was laying in the showers my eyes opened. i was back in the prison. the govenor was looking over me. "look at you. laying in your own vomit. how pathetic, i thought you had more more fight than this." She laughed as she told them do do whatever.
It was warm in my thoughts. I wanted my child. I felt them working on me but maybe this way was better. This way I didn't feel anything. I let them work on me and I finally was by myself. Patterson was there when I opened my eyes. "You should have done what she wanted." I told you this would be hard or easy buy you took the hard road. She injected me with something and I was out.
It had been a few weeks and I was still in the medical wing. "She is an addict now." Patterson said. "Put her in the psych ward." The psych ward wasn't a place you wanted to be. Once you go in you never come out the same. Going there meant you would be lost forever. What was i gonna do?
They wheeled me in the psych ward with all white clothes. It smelled damp in here. People were yelling. The drugs had me so high the walls seemed to breath. I couldn't see straight. "Put her in here to 208." I heard a screw say. They dumped me on the bed and left me there. I faded out as the drugs took over. Patterson stools over me. "Still wallowing in your spit Evon?" She asked as I tried to focus in on here. Don't worry. I won't out you with the wolves just yet. Barnett is waiting for the new top dog." She said with a grin. "Can't wait!" Barnett said looking her head around the corner. They both walked away laughing.

Evon is now places I the psych ward. Will she ever come out. Will she see her daughter again. Find out what happened next on #LockedUp