Angel Academy (16)

*Greetings everyone! I'm so sorry this chapter is short and that I haven't been updating recently! But I promise that the next chapter will be much longer since it's the dance! It is now time for you guys to vote. Just leave a comment on what you want to happen, whether it be events or couples. The most popular will occur in the next chapter. So voice your opinion! And don't forget to vote and/or fan! Thanks for the support so far! ♥ - Brynne*

~Emma's Point of View~

I huffed then kicked out, sending flames racing towards her. Ava dodged and sent some back. This had been going on for two hours and I was tired, so I decided to try to end it. Breathing in deeply, I focused on all the energy I had left. Letting out a scream, I thrusted it towards her. My mouth hung open when I saw how much I actually created. How fast it was going and how I could actually control it now. Ava lunged out of the way and hit the ground hard.

"Enough!!" she cried out angrily. She lay there huffing and puffing. I walked towards her cautiously.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, scared of her sudden mood change. She leaned her head up and glared at me viciously.

"We're done training," Ava stated and started to get up.

"Ok. I was getting tired today anyway. I hope I can do better tomorrow," I mumbled. She stopped and turned her head toward me, giving me a look like I was extremely dumb.

"No. We're done training for good. It's over." her voice said, icy cold. My eyes widened in surprise and a bit of sadness. Yes, I admit, I had grown to like training. I mean, I enjoyed seeing myself improve and fit in with everyone else. Sparring with Ava made my heart race, it filled me with excitement.

"Why?" I asked desperately, following closely behind her. She groaned angrily.

"I can't teach you anymore when you have become just as good as me!!!" she yelled then stomped away. I froze and just stared at her. There was no way I had become as good as her. She had so much.... conviction, so much strength. Yes she had been breathing more heavily lately and trying harder, but I still had a feeling she could kill me. I wasn't better then her. Was I?

I wandered into the school feeling very conflicted. Instantly I saw Trinity gliding swiftly towards me from the left. Her face beamed, her eyes shining with excitement.

"Emma!" she greeted me, bouncing up and down a little. I smiled at her good mood.

"Yes?" I asked. She stared at me dumbfounded.

"Did you forget? The dance is tomorrow!!!" she exclaimed. My heart clenched. I had totally forgotten!! Was it really Friday already? How did I forget?? Trinity clutched onto my wrist as she dragged me to our dorm. Luckily Ava's not in here, I thought, as we walked in.

"Come on, we have to get ready," she said, pulling out her purse and bustling about the room.

"For what?" I asked, standing in the middle of the room, watching her. She stared at me.

"To go shopping!" she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Shopping? Oh no. Especially with Trinity? This may take all day.

"We're allowed to leave the school?" I asked again.

"Every year, the day before the dance, students can go out once classes let out. But we have to be back here at nine," she explained, fixing her hair in a mirror.

Then she pointed on my bed. On it was a letter and a credit card from my parents. I stared at it in awe then picked up the letter. They were missing me and were asking a bunch of questions and saying what was going on in their lives. I instantly felt better after reading it, my homesickness being a tad mended.

"Ok but who's going to take us?" I asked, setting down the letter. This was really surprising. I thought we could only leave on breaks, but this seemed very cool.

"The boy's of course! Merick's got a car here," she answered. I smiled in surprise and started getting ready. I changed out of my uniform and into dark blue skinny jeans, grey converse, and a black and white striped long sleeve. Trinity was wearing a white skirt with black leggings, red flats, and a red zip up hoodie. She hurried me out the door. We left the school out the main door.

I jumped slightly as I heard a car beep at us. I smiled excitedly at a shiny black camero. The driver's window was rolled down and we saw Merick grinning. We ran towards them, laughing lightly. Trinity slid into the back seat. I was about to until I saw that the passenger seat was empty. I hopped into it gladly.

Merick was grinning at me. He had grey jeans on and a black collared shirt with three buttons opened. I looked at his feet and saw black vans. I nodded my head with approval at his outfit.

"Finally," I heard Riley's voice say. I turned to see him and River. River had on a dark green t-shirt that really brought out his eyes, dark blue jeans and brown D.C. shoes. Riley had a dark blue and black checkared flannel, black jeans and white slip-ons.

Merick drove away. After ten minutes we were in the city. It was six o'clock.

"Merick, where we headed?" asked Riley impatiently. I saw Merick roll his eyes.

"To the mall, stupid," said River. Riley and him instantly started arguing on who was stupid. Merick pulled into an outside mall. Lights flashed and people hurried about. Merick parked and we jumped out. Trinity started to drag me to Forever21 as I saw the boys head down the street.

After trying on dresses for two hours, we both found the perfect one for us. Trinity's excitement was now on high. We left the store and looked around for the boys. I saw Trinity whip out her phone and started texting. About thirty seconds later, she was dragging me down the street. Walking into a cafe, we saw the boys sitting down at a booth. They saw us and gestured us over there. I slid in next to River and Trinity slid in after me. We all ordered then started talking.

"Any luck?" asked Merick.

"Yes! We found the perfect ones! Wait till you see Emma tomorrow night!" gushed Trinity. The boys chuckled at her girly moment.

"What about you guys?" I asked.

"We did good. Just make sure you keep from drooling at the dance," smirked River.

"Especially towards me," added Riley, flipping his hair.

"Man, you don't even know how to put on a suit," River said.

"Yes I can!" Riley argued, but not sounding comfident. I was going to place my bets on River. The cafe worker came by with our drinks but made sure to wink at Trinity and I as he did so. Instantly the boys glared at him and he hurried away scared. An image came through my mind of the boys going all elemental-badass on the poor boy and destroying the cafe. I chuckled.

"What's so funny?" asked Merick curiously. My mind raced to find something to say.

"Oh, I was just thinking about how I'm going to look tomorrow," I soothed flirtatiously at the three of them. They all stared at me in deep thought, their mouths hung open a bit. Trinity gave me an evil grin that said "nice job." We looked at each other in amusement and started to sip on our cappachinos. I looked outside and saw that it was getting dark already. Looking around, I saw a clock. 8:50. Oh crap. I gestured with my head at the clock towards Merick. He looked then his eyes widened.

"Alright, lets roll," he said in a hurry. We all got up and paid.

"But I wasn't done!" complained Riley as he threw his cup out sadly.

"Would you rather have detention?" said River. Riley shook his blonde head and we ran down the street. Piling into Merick's car, we sped off back to Angel Academy. Luckily when we got there, we weren't the last ones coming in. After saying our goodbyes, we headed towards our own doormrooms.

Trinity sighed as we walked into our room. Ava was there, doing her usual, meaning she was laying on her bed with her ipod and totally ignoring us. I put my dress in my closet and sat down and did my homework until eleven. Trinity had already done her's while I was with Ava, but I didn't need her help anymore.

Laying in bed, my mind raced about tomorrow night. Would it be fun? Was anyone going to dance with me? Would I look pretty? But one thought really stuck in my head that night.

Who was I going to go with?