Angel Academy (23)

*I love how many threats I've gotten from you guys. Saying you're going to basically go all Elemental Badass on me made me laugh. But please don't come after me. I will probably ninja you. But anyways, you guys know that the Watty Awards end on December 31st, right? So my plan is to get to Chapter 30 by the end of it. Yes, you're probably thinking "Yeah right! She never uploads!". But you're wrong. I AM doing eight chapters. And good news is? I will be making a sequel. So don't forget to keep voting for me. I am very blessed to have so many fans. Thank you so much!  ♥ - Brynne

~Trinity's Point of View~

Staring up at the monster before me, I shivered. Standing before us was the base. It was a huge fortress made of pure, dark metal. Although it was raining and dark out, you could still see the magnitude of the base. It was at least six stories high and had no ordinary windows. But it did have slits along the wall that people can shoot things through, just like a medieval castle. I tried to not think of what kind of horrible things that these people use as weapons. Standing around Merick, we waited for his command. I frowned sadly. He had bags under his eyes, probably due to a lack of sleep.

"Ok, I want Riley and River to go...." he started. But before he could finish, bright lights suddenly turned on. Turning around, I saw search lights along the walls.

"Shit," muttered Riley. Standing as still as statues, our hearts pounded in fear. Merick nodded at Jenna and Damien. Their eyes shifted towards the lights. With a blink from the siblings, they were instantly out. The sound of quiet footsteps against metal broke through the air. Merick jerked towards River and once again nodded.

River dropped into a stance and began working on the ground near us. Soon we were underground. Walking slowly infront of us, River kept making the tunnel longer.

"Jenna, location," ordered Merick. Jenna looked around and thought.

"We must have just passed under the main door. We need to move forward then turn right," she said, her eyes closed, focusing on her memories of this wretched place. With Jenna's guidance, we resurfaced about ten minutes later in an abandoned tight hallway. Merick placed his hand on River's shoulder. Slumping to the ground, River leaned against a wall, breathing and trying to get his power back.

"They should be holding Emma two floors above where we are now," claimed Jenna. Looking around at everyones faces was painful. Fear, sleepiness, and worry were displayed.

"Guys, we can do this. Remember who is here. Who they took away from us," said Merick desperately. We all looked to the ground. Standing up, River's face was determined.

"Let's go," he mumbled. Shooting his arms upward, a hole was created. Climbing up it, we were now on the second floor. Around us pipes lined everywhere along the walls. It looked like we were in the center of a machine. Jenna flinched.

"We got company..." she murmured.

Suddenly, a trap door above us opened. Something shot out it. It was a blur. What ever it was, it was fast.

"Well, well. It looks like we have company," purred a voice. It was female.

"Show yourself now," ordered Merick, his voice echoing. The girl giggled and clicked her tongue.

"That wouldn't be fun, now would it, Mr. Darkness?" she said with her taunting, melodic voice. Everyone stiffened. How did she know his element?

Suddenly, Riley spun and shot ice shards. They sped towards the blur. But she dissappeared again.

"Stop hiding, you coward!" yelled Merick. She instantly appeared again two inches from Merick's face. He gasped. Her eyes were the scariest color of light blue I have ever seen. They seem electrified with power. She looked to be around seventeen or eighteen. Straight black hair flowed down her back. But she was very thin, had bags under her eyes, and was pale. Where did she come from? Who is she?

Suddenly, Merick punched her in the face hard. His fist was surrounded with glowing darkness. She flew ten feet back. She lunged back at him.

"Oh no you don't," grumbled River. He grabbed her shoudlers and threw her back against a wall. Her eyes shown furious. Suddenly she shot out her arms and water sped towards River. Riley jumped in between them and froze the water, then sent it back at her.

"Go find Emma. I got this," ordered Riley. We all stared at him but then nodded. We knew we had to find Emma. I said a prayer for Riley. Running to a door, we left our friend behind.

It looked like we were now in a main hallway. But a door slammed open and those guys in black came out. We screamed and ran down the hall. At the end was what looked like an elevator.

~Riley's Point of View~

My opponent glared at me. This chick was mad. She was definately a good Water elementalist. I knew this wasn't going to be easy. Silence swarmed the room.

She yelled out and ran towards me. Spinning, she kicked me in the chest. I stumbled and groaned loudly. That's it.

Ducking down, I sweeped her out then punched her upwards at her stomach. She jumped back and sent ice shards. I melt them and shot the water through her mouth. She gasped and she started to choke. Somehow, she managed to evaporate it and could breathe again. I cursed under my breath.

Making a javelin of ice, she threw it at my heart. I stepped back and caught it. Grasping on tight, I jumped towards her and swung. It broke against her shoulder but it did do a lot of damage. She stumbled back and clutched her shoulder in pain.

Looking up, she watched as water dripped from the pipes. Opening her hand, she took multiple drops from all around and froze them. Morphing them into small needles, they came at me. I wasn't fast enough.

Hitting ten different pressure points around my body, I screamed. I looked down and saw I was bleeding in each place.

She managed to stand and walked towards me, a horrible sneer on her face.

"How does that feel?" she grinned.

"Just dandy," I groaned.

"Well this will feel even better," she soothed. Making another spear of ice, she pointed it towards my throat. I grinned at her. A look of confusion passed her face.

The sound of metal exploding could be heard. She jerked her head and looked around. The pipes had all been broken open. Steam poured out and covered the room. It swarmed around her tightly. She started to cough. I picked up the spear she had dropped. Staring at her, my heart dropped. I can't do it. I can't kill a person. It's wrong. She's the same age as me.

Looking around, I picked up two large pipes. Wrapping them around her torso, I diminished the steam.

"I can't wait to kill you for this," she threatened, her voice cracking.

"Good luck with that," I huffed. Leaving her there, I staggered out of the room.