Janoskians Fan Fiction- Chapter Eleven

Isabelle’s Perspective

My once happy voice sounded so small and weak. I hardly recognised it.

“he’s fine! What about you…? Are you ok?” mum said her eyes watering a little

“I’m fine” I stared at Luke and Jai. Not one word coming from either one of their gapping mouths.

Soon Luke started to ask questions “She wasn’t meant t wake up for a few weeks? Does that mean something’s wrong? Do you think she’s forgotten stuff or something? That’s what happens in movies”

As the questions flowed I kept glancing at Jai who was shocked. I had no idea what he was so shocked about, or what had happened between when I had ran away to now that would warrant his reaction.

When the doctor walked in a caught the same shocked look, followed by confusion then worry, but after a few checks on my basic senses I was free to talk to mum, Luke and Jai.

“so do you remember what happened?” mum coaxed

“yeah, a little” I looked around my room, trying to avoid Jai’s continuous stare “well I guess when I speak to Beau things might come back?”

“Yeah maybe you can see him later?” Mum said as she followed my gaze “nice rooms they have here”

I think mum was trying to distract me from something, the small talk was excruciating. Anyone in the world would know this room was far from nice, peeling yellow paint sprang up from the walls edges, leaving curls of dry paint gathering on the floor, bland plastic chairs leant on the wall, slowly falling apart. I couldn’t stand the stench of the hospital food coming around either but I still managed to put on a smile for mum.

“yeah hopefully the best and only hospital I’ll have to stay at”

“well I’m going to go check up on Beau” mum looked at Jai and Luke “you boys coming?”

Luke having asked everything he wanted to know pushed his seat back and started heading for the door, while Jai sat still, waiting for them to go.

“I want to tell Beau she’s awake…” he said as the door clicked, closed

“Jai what’s wrong?” When he didn’t reply I continued with the questions “How long was I out? what did I do wrong?”

Without warning Jai slowly got up off his chair and walked over, closer to my bed “your alive” he mumbled

“Ah yeah” I let a small smile make its way across my face “I thought we figured that out like ten minutes ago”

The small smile soon took form on his face to, as he leaned down and hugged me tightly

“That time without you was agony” The smile left for a few seconds “I had no one to annoy” he said letting out a small laugh.

“I’ll try and die a little less then…”

Mum and Luke came back within an hour of leaving with great news.

“Beaus coming in to see you” Luke voice boomed on his arrival

The next hour I couldn’t stop smiling, awaiting the arrival of Beau. Before I could see him though we both had to have dinner.

When I looked at the meal I couldn’t eat it. The doctors had put in a random order, leaving me with food I didn’t particularly like, so instead I let Jai and Luke go halves in the roast while I snacked on jelly and ice cream.

The minutes pasted slowly and I started to should like a little kid in a car “is he coming yet? When is he gonna be here?”

After ten minutes of pestering mum got sick of it and she went and checked what was happening and came back with “BEAU!”

“Izzy!” He couldn’t hug me from the wheel chair they had put him in but the smile on his face said everything

“Are you ok?” I half yelled

“yeah perfectly fine!”

“you call that perfect?” I laughed

“it’s a working progress”

We spoke for half an hour before moving onto the subject of what had happened a few nights earlier.

“How badly did they hurt you?” I asked

“I’m fine” his gaze dropped “do you remember who it was?” he mumbled, suddenly starting to get nervous

“Yeah, Eric, Jake and that other person…?”

“Erin…” I nodded starting to deter from the subject, knowing he didn’t wanna talk about it

“So when do we get out?” I yelled, lightening the mood throughout the room  

“May be a while but soon enough” Beau smiled again before a nurse came in and told us we needed to wrap it up

“Ok well you be good Beau job” I teased

“Yeah yeah, don’t go into cardiac arrest again maybe…?” I laughed it off

“Yeah I’ll tell my body not to, promise”