(9)

Johnny | Lydia

"You're in town for what, two minutes? And you're sticking your dick where it doesn't belong?!" Riley shouted, grabbing a fistful of Carter's jacket as he pulled him along the side of the car and away from Lydia.

"You'd know all about that," she scoffed.

She had to adjust her stance as she was no longer between Carter's legs. She defensively folded her arms across her chest and stared at her ex as he kept a grasp on her friends clothing.

"I thought we were friends?" Riley continued, ignoring Lydia's snide remark. Carter didn't seem one bit bothered about the confrontation. He pushed Riley's hands off and adjusted his jacket with a smug smile.

"I thought you were a decent guy," Carter shrugged and the two tall boys got up close and personal, staring each other down with twitching jaws and balled fists.

Lydia sighed with frustration at the situation. It was typical. She might as well not exist with all of this ego taking up space. "Riley, leave. You've got no right to come out here and start throwing your testosterone around. You're one caveman move away from pissing all over me."

"Don't go near her," Riley warned, pointing a finger at Carter who was the picture of confidence, tall and staunch despite his smaller build. "Don't even think about touchin-"

"We already slept together," Lydia announced.

Both of the boys whipped their heads in her direction and while she noticed a brief look of surprise on Carter's face, the devastation on Riley's held her attention far more.

"He got here two days ago!" Riley cried.

"Yeah. I know."

"Almost four years together and you slept with him that fast?!"

"I'm curious," Lydia held a balled fist under her chin and adopted a thoughtful expression. "Was that going through your head when you cheated on me with a nameless stranger?"

She knew that she had him with that. How could he possibly argue? Well, he couldn't. And that's when he turned his aggression on Carter, bowling him up against the car with his collar clutched in his fists. Carter's back hit the vehicle with a thud and he grunted as Riley pulled him up and slammed him against it once more, shouting about what a traitor he was.

"What the hells going on?!" Nathan shouted, storming across the parking lot from the direction of the gym. Carter stood up right and gave Riley a violent shove in the chest, putting a foot of space between them.

The timing couldn't have been worse. Lydia was sure that punches were about to be thrown and with Carter's boxing experience, she was sure that he would have done a good job. Some twisted part of her wanted to see her ex get his comings.

Carter and Riley reluctantly dropped their challenging stares as Nathan came to a stop beside them. He glanced between the three students and it didn't take a genius to see that some sort of pathetic teenage triangle of drama was unfolding.

"Lydia, go home," Nathan ordered.

"Wait, what?"

He gave her the slightest nod and she understood that he was giving her an out. A chance to head home and have a breather. She wanted to hug him but she figured it would be best to keep it professional.