(18)

When Lydia returned from getting the pizza from the delivery boy at the front door and dropping off her brothers anchovy free pizza, she got a startling fright upon finding Carter on her bed.

He was reading a magazine, sitting against the headboard with his legs crossed at the ankles. She admired his slim fit fade wash jeans and fitted long sleeve black shirt that clung in all the right places.

It was an odd sight to see, having a boy in her room that wasn't Riley. While she had male friends, she'd never had other guys in her bedroom out of respect for her relationship.

Irony at its finest.

"Hello killer," Carter put the magazine down when he heard the bedroom door shut. Lydia didn't miss the subtle way that he swept her from head to toe as she strolled towards the bed. "Cute bedroom."

"Thanks," she put the pizza down on top of her comforter. "Glad to see that the instructions weren't to hard to follow."

"They were easy," he grinned. "That smells good."

Lydia smiled and sat down on the bed as he stretched out on his side, keeping himself propped up on his elbow.

While the aroma of pizza was at the
forefront of her senses, she still found herself overwhelmed at the familiar Hugo Boss fragrance. It was the sort of smell that had you stop in your tracks when a boy walked past, inhaling with a sigh.

The soft sound of Kendrick drifted in the background, but of course, music wasn't needed to fill awkward pauses. Carter seemed to fit fine in her room. Like he had been sneaking through her window for pizza parties for years.

The two of them indulged, devouring the entire pizza while they talked tirelessly. By the time Lydia threw the pizza box on her desk and fell back on the bed with a grunt, it was almost ten o'clock. So much conversation between the pair had slowed the meal considerably.

"Holy shit," Carter cried, abruptly sitting up and staring at the corner of the room where Vidia was standing up, stretching her old limbs. "I didn't even see him there."

"Her," Lydia laughed, rolling on to her stomach, "that's Vidia. She's old. I've had her since I was five."

"Oh," Carter nodded as he stood and walked over to the pug. He knelt down, keeping balanced on his feet as he scratched her chin. "She's done well then. What's with the rhyming name though?"

"I used to be obsessed with tinker bell," Lydia confessed with a shrug. "Vidia was the wind fairy. I thought the matching names thing was cute."

"Aw cute," he glanced over with a breathtaking smile as he continued to pat the dog. Vidia laid back down in her bed, her non existent brows moving up and down as she glanced around with her big bug eyes.

"She loves that bed. She doesn't leave it much. And while it's winter I don't take her outside unless it's toilet time."

"Fair point. It's fucking cold."

Carter stood up and stretched his arms above his head. His shirt rode up and revealed his toned abdomen. Lydia couldn't help but shamelessly stare, swallowing at the thought of certain things that she shouldn't be thinking.

"Huh, that's a throwback and a half."

Carter's voice brought Lydia out of her raunch thoughts and she realised that she'd been chewing on her thumb as she stared at the gorgeous boy. She stood up and subtly shook her head as she walked towards where he was hovering over her tall stand alone shelf.