Chapter 1 - Making A Friend

I was at the mall alone. I didn't want to be at home because Shawn was going to have his friends over and I had no intention to be near them. The funny thing is that I'm okay with his school friends over just not his Magcon friends. They have two shows here in Canada and then they're gone for a while. Most twins are close, just not us. It's almost like a one sided crush. Since Shawn is the older one he's more mature, responsible, smarter, protective, attractive, popular etc. I, on the other hand, rather stay distanced from everyone. I've always felt different. In our pair of twins I was the unplanned one. My parents were expecting twin boys but look who screwed that up for them. That didn't stop them from giving me a boy first and middle name, Jordan Jessie. So now I'm lonely girl sitting alone at the mall eating lunch.

"Look, the loser is eating alone. That's nothing new." Savanna Pierce and her 'clique' came walking to my table. They're the rare type of preppy girls who aren't afraid of getting their hands dirty.

"Fuck off Savanna." I said not even looking at her. I'm the type of girl who isn't afraid of a bully until I got hit. They normally hit when they are provoked and I still can't learn to keep my mouth shut.

"Big words from an even bigger girl. I think you've had enough chili cheese fries for a lifetime. Here let me help you with that." She picked up my food and tossed it all on me.

"Wow, is that the best you can do?" I'm provoking her and I can't stop. One of the girls in her group slaps me across my face after Savanna gave her a look. It stung but I don't give them the satisfaction to see that they caused me pain.

"Are you done being a bitch because I have better things to do?" I stood up and crossed my arms waiting for them to do something.

"You look a little thirsty. Here." One of her minions picked up the shake that I was drinking and poured in on my head. It was everywhere, mainly my hair.

"Are you sure you guys aren't the thirsty ones? Because every time I see you three here or at school you dress all slutty. Can you spell desperate?" Savanna was about to hit me but one of her minions stopped her and pulled her away while the other one mutter something. I kept telling myself, wait until you're alone to cry, as I picked up my stuff. I was about to leave until I was met by nine somewhat familiar guys.

"Hey, are you okay?" One of the guys asked. I knew the faces but not the names They were Shawn's friends.

"You're all Shawn's friends right? You saw everything?" I had to make sure they didn't tell Shawn. They all nodded and I sighed. "Look you can't tell him about what you saw."

"Um okay... But can't you tell me who you are?" A black haired one asked.

"Jordan. Jordan Mendes, his younger sister." I said before leaving the confused boys there at the mall.

***

When I got home I snuck to my room to grab a change of clothes and put my bag down. I ran to the bathroom and carefully locked the door. Most of the shake had dried in my hair. I turned the shower on as I started taking off my clothes and bracelets. When the water was hot enough I got in and started washing my hair.

Once I finished my shower I heard many voices in the house. Great, they're here. I changed my clothes and dried my hair before walking out of the bathroom to get the rest of my dirty clothes. I passed by all the guys and went to the laundry room. They didn't seem to care. I walked back to my room and locked the door. I put Pandora on my phone and plugged my headphones into my phone before checking my laptop. The lock screen said that there was only one more try for the password before it locked for a day. I stormed out of my room and down to the living room where everyone was. Shawn was talking to one of them and I pulled him aside.