Chapter 14 - Too Late

“We have to tell mom and dad.”

“No!”

“Jordan—”

“Shawn, there is no need to make mom and dad involved or the school or the police. Okay? I deserved it.”

“Are you fuck— Why,” Shawn took a moment and a deep breath “Why the hell would you think you deserved it?”

“B-because the way I dressed today and over the summer I slept with three of your best friends. Pictures were leaked on the internet.”

“YOU didn’t leak the photos, YOU didn’t ask to sleep with my best friends, and what do your clothes have to deal with the fact that you got raped? None of it’s your fault.”

“Don’t say that word Shawn. I swear to God if you tell mom, dad, or anyone I’ll—”

“You’ll do what?”

“What are you two fighting about?” Our mom walked into the room with a puzzled look on her face. I looked at Shawn and shook my head slowly.

“Jordan was raped at school.” Shawn said looking away from me.

“Shawn!”

“Shawn honey, can you go get your father? We need to talk to your sister alone.” Shawn left the room and a couple of minutes later my father walked in closing to door. I’m crying so much I have a headache.

***

According to my parents, it’s my fault. They’re allowing me the week off school and contacted the police. You could say that they’re pretty mad, but that would be an understatement. ‘You shouldn’t have dressed that way in the first place.’ ‘You shouldn’t have had sex with three boys and let them take pictures. Who do you think you are, Kim Kardashian?’ ‘Now you’re going to make us look bad again. Can’t you do anything right?’ ‘You should have been paying attention while you were getting raped so you could help the police.’ ‘How did we have twins and end up with one perfect child and the other a fuck up?’ Those just some of the things my parents said about and to me. I’m really mad at Shawn for bringing them in the first place He doesn’t know how our parents are anymore. They hate me and I hate them, for obvious reasons. I’m starting to hate everyone, except Aaron, Mahogany, Jacob, Connor, Sam, JC, Ricky, Trevor, and Kian.

I hate Shawn for telling my parents. I hate my parents for treating me like shit since the day I was born. I hate Taylor, Matt, and Nash for making me a pawn in their sick, twisted game. I hate Cameron for even setting up the game. I hate Johnson, Carter, and Hayes for being a part of the game by betting to see who would win. I hate Gilinsky because he told everyone my biggest secret. I hate Savanna for bullying me as long as I can remember. I hate those four guys for taking advantage of me. In a way this is Bart’s fault. Because if he wasn’t obsessed with money he would have said no then I wouldn’t in the middle of any of this; so thanks Bart for basically fucking up my already fucked up life. But I can’t keep blaming other people. It’s still my fault. I need to end this.

***

I haven’t gone to school in a week and people are still talking about it. People are saying I’m skipping because I’m pregnant. I’m home alone, Shawn went for something and our parents are at work. Anything can happen since I’m by myself. I haven’t been answering my phone, even if it’s Aaron calling. I decided a week ago that I was going to wait until alone to take my life. I’m finally alone but I don’t know what to do. Do I call Aaron? Leave him a note explaining how I’m sorry and that he’ll find someone better than me? I planned everything up to the point of how I’m going to let Aaron know. I already have supplies in the bathroom. I’m not going to lock the door but I’m going to take my phone. When Shawn comes home to check on me and doesn’t find me in my room, he’ll call my phone and it’ll ring and he’ll find me but it’ll be too late. It’s perfect. I just have to tell Aaron goodbye. I can’t off myself and not tell him how much I love him.

Right now I’m sitting on the bathroom counter with my phone in my hands and a bottle of pills, blades, and a glass or water are sitting next to me. I was crying as I read the long list of hate on twitter. I opened the pill bottle and pour the contents in my hand. I took the handful and swallowed them all before picking up the blades. I had already made cuts on my stomach and thighs but they weren’t deep enough. I slowly made four deep cut on each wrist before dropping the blade. I feel myself growing weaker. I hear my phone ringing and answer it seeing that it was Aaron. I put it on speaker and held the phone close to as I watched my arms drip blood.

“Hey babe, how are you? I miss you.” I heard Aaron’s cheery voice say on the other line.

“Aaron, I honestly don’t know how much longer I have but I just want you to know that I love you so much. I have to do this okay. Go and find another girl because I know you can find another one better than me.”

“What are you talking about Jordan? What did you do? Jor, answer me please.” Black spots are clouding my vision and blood is pounding in my ears.

“I love you Aaron and I’m so sorry for doing this to you. Goodbye—” I didn’t get to finish because that’s when I felt myself falling into a deep black hole.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Tweets by Aaron and Shawn*

@ShawnMendes: I hope the fake fans got what they wanted.

@AaronCarpenter: Hate can push someone over the edge.

*Group Chat with Almost Everyone*

Shawn: Jordan is being rushed to the hospital

Gilinsky: What? Why?

Shawn: Everything got too much and she just…

Johnson: She just what?

Taylor: Mendes you can’t just leave us hanging

(At this point Shawn shut off his phone)

Matt: I’m so lost. Did Shawn leave?

Cam: I don’t even want to think about what could have happened. I was in her boat before.

Carter: Please don’t tell me she…

Nash: Was it because of us?

Hayes: No stupid, there was more things going on. Haven’t you been on Twitter?

Lox: Is she… you know?

Jacob: I really hope not.

Taylor: I’m still lost. What happened?

Aaron: Jordan… she uh tried to kill herself. I was on the phone with her when she did it.

(Aaron called JC who told Kian who told Ricky who told Sam who told Trevor who told Connor)